Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wandering if anybody out there has every had these Struts and springs and what they thought of them. I am about to buy some and I just wanted to know how good they are.

87 Turbo

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
havent had that combo together but it depends what you want?

Konis are stiff, and st spring rates are not very high. BUT i would reccomend st only because they offer linear spring rates (fronts) vs the progressive rates offered by almost every other company.

Anyways if you have stock suspention now, you will be pleased with the results. The drop is not too low, but nice. And the firmness will increase tremendously.

Ang

·
Registered
54 Posts
Konis are very stiff.
I have the yellow ones mounted, and you are shaken quite a lot on a bad road. :)

But a very nice feeling to drive them.

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
SuprAng said:
havent had that combo together but it depends what you want?

Konis are stiff, and st spring rates are not very high. BUT i would reccomend st only because they offer linear spring rates (fronts) vs the progressive rates offered by almost every other company.

Anyways if you have stock suspention now, you will be pleased with the results. The drop is not too low, but nice. And the firmness will increase tremendously.

Ang
Yup, I was waiting for a set of ST's till they fcuked me over so I ended up with Eibachs. I orderd them after seeing them on a friends car and like Ang says the drop was not too low so still driveable for the roads around here. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the combo as anything is better than the blown out stock system.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
driving on my stock blown suspension= the sucks

driving on my eibachs/koni yellows= feels like its on a rail compared to stock.

(though, know there's WAY more stiff suspension, thats just what it feels like)

-shaeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

That helps alot, I think I will go for it then, never wanted a low drop only better cornering capability.Seems perfect.

Thanks

·
Registered
972 Posts
So do the konis last longer then the KYB/tokico setups... I keep hearing of people blowing thr kyb and tokico blues and illuminas..

I have been looking at the konis or Blistiens as both being pretty good replacements

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
MKNTRAXX said:
So do the konis last longer then the KYB/tokico setups... I keep hearing of people blowing thr kyb and tokico blues and illuminas..

I have been looking at the konis or Blistiens as both being pretty good replacements
a buddy of mine put kyb's on his celica and they didnt last very long, like 8 months or so, and when we pulled them off, i could compress them with two fingers...

-shaeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts