Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running this radiator in their supra? anyone hear anything about it? is it better, bigger than pwr's? can you make it fit with greddy 4-row?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
SuPrAs4EvEr said:
anyone running this radiator in their supra? anyone hear anything about it? is it better, bigger than pwr's? can you make it fit with greddy 4-row?
i dont use the koyo unit but im sure the pwr is much biger since i had it you can use the 4row with the pwr unit.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
I have it, and am very happy with it. fit and finish were very nice.
It is about 3/8" narrower than the PWR if I remember correctly, which also meant that I did not have to trim the ends of the fan blades.

My interest is in road racing, and one thing I found is that with a big radiator and a smaller overflow tank used with an FMIC, my overflow tank overflowed after 30 minutes of hard driving. I'd supose that would be the case with any oversize radiator.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rich B. 94 BPU+ 6-spd

·
10,459 Posts
Rich B said:
I have it, and am very happy with it. fit and finish were very nice.
It is about 3/8" narrower than the PWR if I remember correctly, which also meant that I did not have to trim the ends of the fan blades.

My interest is in road racing, and one thing I found is that with a big radiator and a smaller overflow tank used with an FMIC, my overflow tank overflowed after 30 minutes of hard driving. I'd supose that would be the case with any oversize radiator.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rich B. 94 BPU+ 6-spd
didnt have to trim my fan blades!

i belive the pwr units are used in road racing in aussie since thats what there back ground is but that you would need to ask them ..i have spoken to them on the phone there nice chaps ;)

http://www.pwr.com.au/main/

·
OG
1,059 Posts
A couple of my buddies here who have PWR radiators found that the tips of the fan would contact the fan shroud, and ended up trimming the edges of the fan blade a little so that it would not happen. Not a big deal really..

I went with the Koyo because I got a really nice package deal with my FMIC stuff as well, and the PWR would have been much more expensive.

Cheers
Rich B

·
10,459 Posts
Rich B said:
A couple of my buddies here who have PWR radiators found that the tips of the fan would contact the fan shroud, and ended up trimming the edges of the fan blade a little so that it would not happen. Not a big deal really..

I went with the Koyo because I got a really nice package deal with my FMIC stuff as well, and the PWR would have been much more expensive.

Cheers
Rich B
wow first time i heard about that what year car where they on ?

T

·
0 Posts
i had a koyo on my 300zx and it was a terrable radiator didn't cool better than stock and the radiator cap mount is all F**ked up so it doesn't seal all the way and causes more problems than they are worth. Don't buy one go with pwr they are good.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
Glad you brought up the cap..
If you order one, make sure to oreder a cap with it - mine came without a cap.

Cheers
Rich B.

C

·
0 Posts
From what I hear, the fluidyne is just the best one out there. Plenty of capacity and it fits in the stock location. Just get some redline water wetter and you'll be taken care of. This info comes from some VERY prominent figures in the supra community with cars that do warp speeds, so its not just some smartass from Jersey talking out of his ass. :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Are these "prominent figures" road racers, or do they go 1320 at a time ;)

·
OG
1,059 Posts
I am a DE driver (aka road racer), so I flog my car for long times - sessions lasting up to 45 minutes, heavy on the throttle for long periods. The bottom line is that you will be happoy with the PWR, Fluidyne or Koyo. But when I was looking, the Koyo was least expensive. PWR has the highest capacity of the 3.

Cheers
Rich B

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
so Rich, which did you choose, and what were your results? Carl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts