Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used black krylon acrylic paint ( suggested for coloring plastics) on my door panels and at first it was ok, but now that summer came, and i live in sothern cali, its begining to get sticky and lint is begining to stick on the painted panels. i put several coats of krylon black and several coats of clear coat krylon. Is there something i can do to put over the krylon that will stay black and stay on without sticking???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
624 Posts
ouch wtf were u thinking.
I'd just buy new door panels are this point.
Best place would be those cf ones off ebay.

You can try and strip the paint back off with some acetone.
 

·
Actual Member Since 2003
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
yea buy the CF ones!!! That would be my choice because you will just end up paying as much for new OEM ones or if not more.
 

·
@llcoolgene
Joined
·
662 Posts
did you wetsand and polish after?? that might do the trick.....if not i have an extra set of door panels for sale...PM for details..

L
 

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
Joined
·
6,552 Posts
pinoyplayer4ever said:
i used black krylon acrylic paint ( suggested for coloring plastics) on my door panels and at first it was ok, but now that summer came, and i live in sothern cali, its begining to get sticky and lint is begining to stick on the painted panels. i put several coats of krylon black and several coats of clear coat krylon. Is there something i can do to put over the krylon that will stay black and stay on without sticking???
what do you mean door panels? the actual panels that cover the inside of the door completely ?some vinyl/rubber surfaces have a reaction under higher temperatures and the cheap spraycan paint will become sticky,one thing I might add, you may have loaded on too much paint and clear without waiting between coats,but reguadless, spraying uncatalized materials is asking for problems,the only way to fix ,is try to clean with mild solvent,acetone might melt the vinyl,or just buy a new set of panels :ugh2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Yeah for real, what part basically did you paint? Either way, that sucks and serves you right. Krylon?! tsk tsk.
 

·
Original Owner
Joined
·
3,975 Posts
omg...

i am speechless...

im selling my supra now
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Take your car to Unique Autosports in NY and speak to Will. LOL, thank god with posts like this in 5-10 years there will be plenty more Supras needing restoration on the market.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,058 Posts
^ :lol: The old shop they run is only a few miles from me. I can't believe they actually spray paint pieces like that. I wonder how much they charge too!
 

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
supralover93 said:
1400? where did you see this? i hope you joking.
Umm... no I wasn't I remember seeing this once and then went to the dealership to confirm sure enough my friend that worked there said it was like 1600 something retail, and with a discount it was like in the 1400 range, and thats just the panel. Don't qoute me on it since its been a few years price may change, but ask curt or jeff to see how much it is.
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
onelove said:
Take your car to Unique Autosports in NY and speak to Will. LOL, thank god with posts like this in 5-10 years there will be plenty more Supras needing restoration on the market.
I had the pleasure( :ugh2: ) of going to Unique's shop a few months before they were ever on tv. I spoke with Remy and he was not very knowledgeable to say the least. Will wasn't there and there was not one single car being worked on in the back. Not one mechanic or wiring guy, all the cars were just sitting there, was pretty weird for Monday at 3 p.m. That place seems to be a front for hiding illegal money if you ask me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
lis2k said:
I had the pleasure( :ugh2: ) of going to Unique's shop a few months before they were ever on tv. I spoke with Remy and he was not very knowledgeable to say the least. Will wasn't there and there was not one single car being worked on in the back. Not one mechanic or wiring guy, all the cars were just sitting there, was pretty weird for Monday at 3 p.m. That place seems to be a front for hiding illegal money if you ask me.
dont they have 2 shops? cause i dont think they do work out of the one in uniondale
 

·
iSketch Master!
Joined
·
9,044 Posts
I dont care they are ghetto as hell! I cant believe the are that ghetto and peple STILL take their shit there. You guys see that eps when he got jacked out of the 2 Magnums? :lol: he got boned on that one lol.

And you spraypainted the leather/vinyl door panels? Whyyyyyyy!!!!! And whoever said I guess he didnt sand them. How are you gonna sand fabric? It'll just make it look like even more shit after paint. WTF! Just go buy the CF ones. They are 950 for the pair. I think Carbon FibreFX sells them. To paint them though you should at least use the actual paint that is designed for use on vinyl.

Alex
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
lilmatty96 said:
dont they have 2 shops? cause i dont think they do work out of the one in uniondale
I went to the one where they now film the show out east right near the airport. He is near Paisleys shop actually.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top