Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used black krylon acrylic paint ( suggested for coloring plastics) on my door panels and at first it was ok, but now that summer came, and i live in sothern cali, its begining to get sticky and lint is begining to stick on the painted panels. i put several coats of krylon black and several coats of clear coat krylon. Is there something i can do to put over the krylon that will stay black and stay on without sticking???

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
pinoyplayer4ever said:
i used black krylon acrylic paint ( suggested for coloring plastics) on my door panels and at first it was ok, but now that summer came, and i live in sothern cali, its begining to get sticky and lint is begining to stick on the painted panels. i put several coats of krylon black and several coats of clear coat krylon. Is there something i can do to put over the krylon that will stay black and stay on without sticking???
yea... a matte clear coat... or you could get paint remover and remove the paint and dye it like you are supposed to when dealing with interior pieces

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Clear coat????? Did you use paint or dye when you did it? Dye like the SEM trim paint doesn't have a clear coat.

·
Piyaud-Baka
201 Posts
should of gone dupicolor, i suggest taking the time and redoing it, its not gonna get any better the way it is now

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I used Duplicolor and Krylon....one to dye vinyl, the other to paint the plastics. No problems so far. I think I still owe some ppl the info on what I did, but I really just followed the info here and on SM.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Sounds like most people don't understand the problem. He used plastic paint... on vinyl. Shouldn't expect anything BUT bad results when you use the wrong paint.

Satan I did the same thing, vinyl paint for vinyl, plastic for plastic. It's been 1 year and it's holding up great. Cleaning/prep and light coats is very important.

Do it right or do it again ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts