Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know Kumho used to not make the Ecsta V700 in this size, but tirerack lists it as an available size and I coulda sworn some supra ppl been running 315 17" Ecsta V700s. Kumho USA website's down right now too. Can someone confirm? I know the Victoracer comes in this size but I'm looking for a Ecsta (V70a).

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would recommend against using anything but a shaved Ecsta on a Supra. They absolutely do not like alot of heat/load. There have been tons of complaints associated with running these tires on heavy cars, chunking mainly. Carl

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in2twins said:
I would recommend against using anything but a shaved Ecsta on a Supra. They absolutely do not like alot of heat/load. There have been tons of complaints associated with running these tires on heavy cars, chunking mainly. Carl
Yeah, I'll be shaving them. Hopefully 2/32nds will be enough.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kumho USA website's back up. They list 315/35ZR17 as a size the Ecsta V700 comes in. They also seem to recommend 4/32" shaving for track use.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I've run V700's on the street and like them when they're not cold, but only Victoracers on the track. Do you guys agree that the V700 sidewall does not feel nearly as stiff as the Victoracers? That's the way they feel to me so I wouldn't want to use V700's on the track even shaved.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The Ecsta is a lighter carcass, shaved it will be OK, but not as good as a Victoracer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The new Falken Azenis comes in 275/315 now and was rated second to the ps2 but above the KD's. Might be worth your time to look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What Magazine did the Comparo?

Hey SUPRAT,

Can you tell me where you saw the comparo for the new falken's vs. ps2 vs. KD's

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I think he must be talking about the new Falken Azenis RT-615 which are R rubber. I wish they made an 18" X 285 or 295 cause the nearest rear size they seem to have is 275 and I don't want that narrow of a tire in back. I heard these are pretty damn good considering they're R rubber.

·
3,148 Posts
You can run the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup at full tread depth and they wear like iron.

Later, Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts