Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all is running these tires and if so please give me some feedback on them like handleing in the rain and dry ground. Also where online did you get yours? I can order them from a local place but they have to be special ordered for around $150 a piece.

Thanks everyone,

Bobby

P.S. I love the new site!!!

Especially the new icons. :lick: :jerkit: :cockblock :takethat: :fruit:

I got a feeling that some of these are going to be used a lot more then others.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
The 712's are good tires. They have mild traction and work pretty well in the wet. The tread lasts quite a while too. If you are going to spend that much, I would go with Yokohama EVS100's. I have them on the car now, and they are awesome, wet or dry. Traction is a bit better than the Kumho's too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about the Yokos too cause they have them as a 245/45/16 and a 225/45/16. I am putting them on my stock Mustang GT rims that I have. I want to get the tires before the Supra meet next week and the only place I can find them is discounttiredirect.com I figured it would be better to go a little smaller up front just to make sure that they won't rub if I'm going a little too fast.

·
Your mom goes to college
416 Posts
My personal opinion on the 712's is that their dry traction is just a little above average at best. PLENTY of tires out there that outperform them on a dry road. However, they absolutely shine in wet weather. Wet traction is incredible as long as you aren't pushing the limits (which you shouldn't be doing anyway in the rain). Probably the best thing about them is the price though. I got 4 brand new tires for $250 shipped on ebay. They generally go for about $105-120 on tirerack.com depending on the size. Overall a good tire for a great price

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
highonoctane16 said:
My personal opinion on the 712's is that their dry traction is just a little above average at best. PLENTY of tires out there that outperform them on a dry road. However, they absolutely shine in wet weather. Wet traction is incredible as long as you aren't pushing the limits (which you shouldn't be doing anyway in the rain). Probably the best thing about them is the price though. I got 4 brand new tires for $250 shipped on ebay. They generally go for about $105-120 on tirerack.com depending on the size. Overall a good tire for a great price

I agree. They're perfect for the daily driver, especially in a wet climate. They do not stand up to abuse very well, however. Instead of wearing quickly, these will chunk/peel away tread in large blocks

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
I agree. They're perfect for the daily driver, especially in a wet climate. They do not stand up to abuse very well, however. Instead of wearing quickly, these will chunk/peel away tread in large blocks

I am on my 3rd set (17's) and think they are great for daily driving. Can't beat the cost... ~$100 each.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
Definately would consider either Yok's or Bridgestone over Kumho. The Ecsta's are good tires for a not-so-expensive tire, but agreed that if you are going to spend that much money, consider another.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered some 245/45/16 for the rear and 225/45/16 in the front. Kumho Ectas Supra 712's for $412 total shipped to my door. 2 are coming from South Bend, Indiana and 2 coming from somewhere in Deleware. I just wanted these for the daily driver aspect and especially the water tread. I feel that I am going to like these very much. Next year I will probally look into a more expensive tire. But for now I think these will suit me fine. I just wanted a good, safe tire for my trip. Thanks everybody for you quick replys.

·
What do u mean?Its Stock!
765 Posts
Trent said:
All depends on what size you are getting. I ran them on my 18's I had for several years and thought they were great. They handle pretty well in wet and do really good for normal driving. Tire Rack is where I buy all my tires.

ditto for me

·
Rock'n Death with Spikes!
159 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
Big Time! And below 50% tread are horrible in the rain(my 275's where anyways)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts