Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hardtop Crew
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone run the KUMHO ECSTA Supra 712's, how do you like them and their performance>> Post any pics??

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
My Supra had these on it when I first purchased it. They were ok on stock boost and were flat out indestructable. @ BPU levels... they were not very good, but they had some amazing tread wear. I now run the MXs and they are much better, but I have just about worn them out in one year and I don't daily drive the car. I think I will try the goodyear GSD3s next.

Brandon

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
My Supra had these on it when I first purchased it. They were ok on stock boost and were flat out indestructable. @ BPU levels... they were not very good, but they had some amazing tread wear. I now run the MXs and they are much better, but I have just about worn them out in one year and I don't daily drive the car. I think I will try the goodyear GSD3s next.

Brandon
I have gsd3 on my car right now. 285/35 rear - 245/40 front (18" wheels).

They are fantastic in the rain and grip good on dry. a little softer around corners than my previous yokohama avs es100's (but they were on my stock 17" wheels so dunno if the bump in wheel size affected the feel as well.

all in all excellent all around tire for multiple weather conditions. the tread pattern is also pretty hot.

...not that you were asking my opinion or anything :p

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
i had the 715's and they are ok. they last forever but if you need good grip then i would look for something else. the thing that i did like about those tires tho was that they can take a beating. now i have the KDW's and i will never go back to 712's.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'll second that opinion ...make it fourth that opinion: they suck. But not all Kumho's suck by any means. I love Victoracers and V710's but those are R compound race tires. Their MX is an excellent street tire that I had on my stock 17" wheels til I got 18".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts