Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
651 Posts
HKS GT4 owner here...yes, the HKS coilovers have a small rubber "spacer" between the spring and top perch.

After reading all available info i can find on coilovers in general it seems that the harshness comes from the top mounts and getting rid of the rubber for a solid mount.
kw's keep the stock rubber top mounts. In some of the pictures of the HKS IV looks as if they have a rubber peace in the center of the solid top mount which should help or stop harshness also
but the info sheet is in Japanese so i cant say for sure what its purpose actually is? would be helpful to know what it says in english.

·
Boost Junkie
12,489 Posts
Yes, I can't believe a coil over that cost that much doesn't have lower perch adjustability. That's crazy.

Steve

·
JetFire
5,351 Posts
Good feedback, I'm on Tein Flex Z's and looking to go with something nicer and was considering KW, HKS and Fortune Auto. I didn't realize the KW's needed extra work for install.

·
Inline for the win
4,710 Posts
The HKS GT4 can adjust ride height while maintaining preload. This can be done on the car very quickly in accordance to the limits seen in the manual link below.

Most coil-overs have only a thread body (Tein HA, KW and others). vs. thread sleeve on a thread body (Hipermax GT4). This was big deal for me coming the gixxer drew bilstein setup.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good feedback, I'm on Tein Flex Z's and looking to go with something nicer and was considering KW, HKS and Fortune Auto. I didn't realize the KW's needed extra work for install.
The extra work takes all of about 10 seconds to do. It isn't a big deal.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts