Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What differences will I notice during street driving when I install these,(KYB AGX Shocks and Einbach Springs) compared to stock. I was told it really improves handling and overall feel. Whats your opinion? Thanks

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
I love mine. I really like the new look. Amazing how much difference that little drop in ride height makes. I noticed my steering stiffened up a bit which I felt it needed. The ride is a tad bumpier, but not bad. Im going to try the trd sway bars next as Steve Jarvis recommends.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put in KYBs. I like them, definitely a stiffer ride and tigher around the curves. Stiffer than stock because the CD skips more over bumps and RR track. Didn't before. Didn't opt for Ebachs because I didn't want to deal with road titties and speed bumps. Currently set at 2 in front and 4 in the back.

Ron

·
3,148 Posts
I would recommend the Eibach springs and TRD swaybars before you add shocks. Of course all three are better than just two. You need the swaybars to keep the car from riding the bumpstops when you install the Eibach springs.

Later, Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean by riding the bump stops... Im in need of some new shocks, but right now I am riding the stock suspension and eibach springs... are you saying that im probably riding my bumpstops..

Doenst feel like it....

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I just recently got the Koni Sports/ Eibach setup on my car. Love the new look. I plan on doing sway bars soon.

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
I just got eibachs and kybs on my car (they were used)...but the guy before me didn't install the bumpstops...so now if I corner/brake I tag the front tire on the fender....not a good thing...make sure that you DO NOT cut the bumpstops when you install them.

If I had installed the bumpstops I would be riding on bump stops instead of the fender.

I am going to try the TRD sway bars as well as soon as money is available...in other words in a month or two. I think that it will help considerably.

Oh yeah I also raised the front adjustment to 3 and I still bottom them out. 4 is the stiffest...but I dont feel like bouncing down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts