Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of KYB's and Eibach pro kits. Haven't had a chance to play with the adjustments yet. Which is the best for everyday driving. Also curious as to why when I make a hard left turn I get a really bad sounding vibration from the front driver's side. Only happens when wheel is turned left and goes away when the wheel is straight.

Thanks
Adam

·
wut
363 Posts
I usually drive around with the tightest setting.....4, for everday driving. If you have crappy roads, though, you may just want to stick with 1 or 2.

What do you have as far as springs on the car....is it lowered? The rubbing sound is probably a tire coming into contact with the wheel well....possibly one of the top bolts that holds the plastic inner fender in.

P

·
0 Posts
wow, someone drives around at setting 4? I just lowered by rear settings from 3 to 2. I keep 3 up front.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
I use 3 at the roadcourse and on the street.

Later, Steve

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I use setting 3 all around. Its not daily driven, so I dont mind a harsher ride.

DakaDan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do any of you have an issue with one side of your car sitting lower than the other with the Eibach/KYB AGX package? ON my Supra, the rear left side is lower than the rear right. 3 of my friends' Supras do the same with this combination, only one of theirs is the front right side rather than the rear left.

I'm thinking of trying a different set of adjustable shocks/struts, for what I can tell is the spring seat on my rear left KYB sits slightly lower than the spring seats of the other 3 shocks/struts.

Weird!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I use 2 up front and 3 in the rear for normal driving.
I've found 3 all the way around to make the car feel
more neutral going through curves but a bit harsh
on frost-heave winter roads. In the summer I will go
back to 3 all around.
Wayne

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
aswiftsupra1 said:
Just installed a set of KYB's and Eibach pro kits. Haven't had a chance to play with the adjustments yet. Which is the best for everyday driving. Also curious as to why when I make a hard left turn I get a really bad sounding vibration from the front driver's side. Only happens when wheel is turned left and goes away when the wheel is straight.

Thanks
Adam
Has it been re-aligned?

·
Boost Junkie
12,600 Posts
Genyosai,

I have that same problem, although it isn't that bad, I do notice it. Oh well, I have Tanabe/KYB combo, thinking about coilovers, but we'll see. I posted it a while back, do a search for uneven wheel gap and read up.

Steve K.

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
pussies!!! 4 all the time here...
just kidding, im probably gonna back down a little bit, my roads suck, but i love being glued to them

·
Registered
32 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Genyosai,

I have that same problem, although it isn't that bad, I do notice it. Oh well, I have Tanabe/KYB combo, thinking about coilovers, but we'll see. I posted it a while back, do a search for uneven wheel gap and read up.

Steve K.
Thanks, Steve.

I'll do a search and read up. Im also thinking I may just go with a set of TRD shocks and struts, keeping the eibach springs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts