Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my 2 back shocks on yesterday and took it for a drive and then noticed that the shock didnt come with bushings on the bottom mount eyes. The reason i could tell cuz of the knocking noise i got over every bump. i know your supposed to use your old hardware but there is no way that those old bushing would work. So my question is has anyone bought these shocks and did theres come with the eye mount bushing where the bolt goes through the control arm???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine didnt man and that is causing a grose knocking noise, but i did just email them a letter letting them know that i did not receive the bushings so we'll see what happens

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Wow.

Without the bushings, the shocks would be totally loose. I don't even see how you could have put them on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bolt holds them good enuff. Its the bushings where that bottom bolt by the tire goes through the control arm mount. There is no way the shock will come out with that bolt tight it just knocks thats all...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep thats what im gonna do bright and early tommorow, but there is nothing advanced auto parts will do for me unless i take the 2 shocks in and return them. I want to keep the shocks tho so hopefully i can give kyb the part # or whatever and they will send them but if not im gonna go through the roof. I was just looking for advice on here on maybe what to do or see if this has ever happened to anyone??? thanks

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
The knocking noise is coming from the top, not the bottom. The problem is the threads don't bottom out all the way to the mount. It's an easy fix, take the nut off the top, add a few washers and tighten it back, this will tighten the top part of the strut to the mount.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep your right i just got done relooking things over. Im wondering if i can take the bolt off from in the trunk and not even take the shock and spring out and put new washers on??? Another question is will this hurt anything if i drive it the way it is?

thanks Rajunz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts