Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted before......No search FTL

Has anyone been able to get a hold of ARP L19 Head studs for the 7M? I know they're widely available for the 2J's but from what I understand they're not available for us 7M guys. Is this true? Is there a better alternative to the ARP kit they make now for us? 1/2"? Thanks for any help I can get!

Eli

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
umm

not for anything but we are stock 12mm on the bolts (12mm x 1.25 to be exact) or .472" diameter on the thread which is only a measly .073" smaller than the 1/2 inch "upgrade" the 2jz folks have to do! ;) The 2jz is 10mm x 1.25 ;) We are already bigger than the 2jz headbolts!!! They have to upgrade. We already are upgraded!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
someones going for big power..

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Nice to know Figgie, Thanks!

btw if you REALLY want to get a set made out of L19, you can give ARP a call and they can make a set.

But be prepared to shell out 1k+ for them though!

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I hear.....
Anyone in for a group buy?? :) I know Nero's down to place the order

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
again

unless we start seeing the 7m survive at 1000+ rwhp, the L19 is overkill. The 12mm studs will hold more than enough (ask the 2jz guys how far they went on the 1/2 inchers :) )

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the ARP kit available now would be suffice for a 800+ sprayed 7M? Really appreciating the advice btw

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
So the ARP kit available now would be suffice for a 800+ sprayed 7M? Really appreciating the advice btw
duane is running 800whp and I'm sure still on arp studs from what I understand.. we'll see how they hold at 1k when he gets a good clutch.. :)

·
Registered
6,545 Posts

If I recall

the 2jz folks went to 1/2 inchers around 1000 rwhp as the head was starting to lift at those levels.

Again, we are lucky that our "truck engines" comes with the bigger sized bolts stock ;)

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
7Ms also have a smaller bore than the 2JZ as well, which should be better as well.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I know of a 1300hp 7m on arp BOLTS....

At 800-1000 hp it is the bootom I would be worried about and not the top.

·
Registered
746 Posts
must have a bunch of green up there too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts