Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been to LACR on Wednesday nights. Can you please answer a few question for me?

How crowded does it usually get on Wednesday nights? How does it compare to Fontana?

Thx

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
My experience with LACR:

Pros:

1. Not too crowded, you can usually get several runs in, more than Fontana.
2. There is a food stand.
3. Your not likely to see many fast cars out there.
4. Tech inspection is fast.
5. When you roll-in late, chances are, you still can pay to play.

Cons:

1. Launch pad isn’t prepped that great, you’re likely to spin off the line. Therefore, your 60’s are not that great.
2. High altitude track, therefore, expect to run much slower. Especially, the summer.
3. There is a slight incline at the end of the track, so expect to run slower crossing the finish line.
4. LACR separates imports and domestic runs.
5. Traffic to the track can suck.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If you get there at the gates open time (5pm) on wednesday. You can hot-lap until about 630. I could do 20 runs at LACR before 8pm if I wanted to.

OTOH, prepare to be disappointed if you running anything less than MT Drag Radials and/or over 300hp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lacr next Wednesday, Hopefully if it's not 20-30 mph Winds. Like 2 weeks ago. Thats also one Negative for Lacr is the Winds over there. Other Than That It's a Good Track to go to when these other one's are closed. To Me and My buddies.
There's Plenty More Positives than Negatives That This Track Has to Offer.
Especially for Filming.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i live at LACR. everything posted is true about LACR...its not the best track in the world. but its 20 minutes away and i know the entire staff....if you are going next wed, ill try to come out too

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i live at LACR. everything posted is true about LACR...its not the best track in the world. but its 20 minutes away and i know the entire staff....if you are going next wed, ill try to come out too
Smaay, what tires do you run at that track?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
MT ET street radials

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
My experience with LACR:

Pros:

1. Not too crowded, you can usually get several runs in, more than Fontana.
2. There is a food stand.
3. Your not likely to see many fast cars out there.
4. Tech inspection is fast.
5. When you roll-in late, chances are, you still can pay to play.

Cons:

1. Launch pad isn’t prepped that great, you’re likely to spin off the line. Therefore, your 60’s are not that great.
2. High altitude track, therefore, expect to run much slower. Especially, the summer.
3. There is a slight incline at the end of the track, so expect to run slower crossing the finish line.
4. LACR separates imports and domestic runs.
5. Traffic to the track can suck.
You couldn't be more wrong.

1) There are alot of fast cars.
2) The launch pad is MUCH better than Fontana's... even the new 1/4 mile at fontana
3) the high altitude doesn't really effect turbo cars as much.
4) On wednesday's I normally get 15-20 runs.(thats usually showing up at 7pm instead of 5).

Fontana on the other hand.

1) Launch Pad sucks balls
2) Tech inspection sucks
3) You'll only get 1-3 runs .. 4-6 if you're lucky.
4) Cars are fast but if someone fucks up... it takes nearly an hour for them to clean up
5) If you run a better time than expected.. you get kicked out.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
^^

I certainly can be worst. :gapteeth:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts