Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. With everyone getting together this weekend in Orlando for the Supra meet I was wondering if you might want to go to Lakeland on Sunday for some bragging rights runs. If weather permits, it would be a cheap way to have fun since everyone is around.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Toyota Terrorist said:
Hey guys. With everyone getting together this weekend in Orlando for the Supra meet I was wondering if you might want to go to Lakeland on Sunday for some bragging rights runs. If weather permits, it would be a cheap way to have fun since everyone is around.
Lakeland is only an 1/8 mile track.
 

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since when has 1/8 mile track not been fun? Last time I checked the point of the race was still the same.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Toyota Terrorist said:
Since when has 1/8 mile track not been fun? Last time I checked the point of the race was still the same.

Well, everybody has thier own opinion. I just wanted to throw that important part of information out there so people deciding to go there don't get disappointed when they find out half the track is missing. Lakeland is in the middle of nowhere anyways...they should have plenty of land to extend the track to the standard lenth of drag competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
damn, another local supra guy?
or did a current member just change his username?

either way, lakeland is about the worse track i have ever raced on.
i've never raced my supra there but back in the day i used to take my AWD eclipse out there. i would come out of the hole sideways spinning all 4. one time it was so bad i tagged the 60' marker and knocked it silly. they really don't know how to prep the track unless its a big event. then if there is a wreck it takes them hours to clean up the oil with the mops and buckets. its prolly ok if you just want to have fun but i wouldn't get excited about times ran out there.
plus at the 1/8 mile point my supra is just getting started :bigthumb:

bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
Well, everybody has thier own opinion. I just wanted to throw that important part of information out there so people deciding to go there don't get disappointed when they find out half the track is missing. Lakeland is in the middle of nowhere anyways...they should have plenty of land to extend the track to the standard lenth of drag competition.
it used to be a 1/4 mile but the owner sold half the land way back when.
i heard that the usa speedway now owns it and plans on putting a parking lot where the strip is.
 

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was just shooting the idea since everyone was in the area. I know the track is shite but so are almost all the roads in this state. We could be a bunch of ricers and go race off of obt and kill someone but wheres the fun in that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
t66-4npower said:
damn, another local supra guy?
or did a current member just change his username?
?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
he doesn't know i guess, you coming bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
i have to work saturday but if you guys want to meet up there sunday i'm all for hanging out and shooting the shit.
whats the event schedule like there on sunday?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top