Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Anyone else in here like Lamb of God?

I went to a Slipknot concert in 2004 because I wanted to see Shadows fall but ended up not liking them, having a new appreciation for Slipknot (I had gotten sick of them previously but they put on an amazing live show) and loving Lamb of God. They've been my favorite band for years now and I wish I had pursued meeting them when Throwdown played with them at the Sounds of the Underground tour (or the other three times I've seen them, though it would be harder without knowing someone). Sacrament was a bit of a disappointment to me, and though a few of the songs have grown on me, none of them grabbed me right away like As The Palaces Burn did. They're playing on a sick list with Metallica, Mastodon (Brent Hinds stumbled up to me when I was packing my tent up at warped tour this year still super drunk from the night before haha), Alice in Chains, and a lot of others in Europe.

Anyway, I got Wrath today and I'm only five songs deep but so far this more than makes up for Sacrament. It sounds mixed better and has great verses with nice crunchy riffs thrown in here and there with better vocals (but who's listening for the vocals?) .

Cliffs: Wrath came out this week, anyone else like it?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Walk With Me In Hell is the only Lamb of God song i can stand to listen to. i just can't get into their style, plus everyone i know personally who listens to Lamb of God is a douchebag so that makes them harder to like, out of fear of becoming one of them.

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're not all douches but I get like that sometimes too, I can't listen to sublime because of the people I knew that liked them. Walk with me in Hell is good, have you heard "Now You've Got Something to Die For" or "For your Malice" from the other CDs? "In Your Words" is my favorite off Wrath so far.

·
...smell like cabbage
1,097 Posts
We're not all douches but I get like that sometimes too, I can't listen to sublime because of the people I knew that liked them. Walk with me in Hell is good, have you heard "Now You've Got Something to Die For" or "For your Malice" from the other CDs? "In Your Words" is my favorite off Wrath so far.
Love "Now You've Got Something to Die For"

I'm not really too into their new stuff though... More into "As the Palaces Burn" and "New American Gospel"

Love:
"Black Label"
"Ruin"
"Vigil"
"11th Hour"
"Redneck"
"Boot Scraper"

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love "Now You've Got Something to Die For"

I'm not really too into their new stuff though... More into "As the Palaces Burn" and "New American Gospel"

Love:
"Black Label"
"Ruin"
"Vigil"
"11th Hour"
"Redneck"
"Boot Scraper"
As the palaces burn was great, I liked Ashes of the wake but didn't love it, and Sacrament was okay but I'm really into Wrath

1 - 6 of 6 Posts