Supra Forums banner

Lambo Door Shocks

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  76celicagt 
G
#1 ·
No guys, Im def not beating this topic to death. Already did a search.

Wondering if anyone knows a company that sell custom gas shocks like ones under the hood, and rear hatch.

Our doors are heavy and normal shocks from Autozone def not gonna work. Im looking for a company that makes special shock to spec. lifting our heavy ass doors.

Lambo doors under construction.

Thanx

#2 ·
#5 ·
76celicagt said:
500 a pair? shocks for the suspension dont cost that much
The linear actuators are 500 bucks (motors that create one axis travel like they use on monster garage all the time).

Personally I would not do lambo doors on any car, unless you love punishment. It is going to be a bitch getting in and out of the car and I guarantee you will gain a few bruises and lumps on your head from smacking those rediculous doors.

#6 ·
Interesting idea....post some pics up then once u get it all up and running (or opening i guess) actuators would be cool cuz then you could do like (gasp) the minivan doors and push a button to have the doors flip open remotely...good luck regardless

G
#8 ·
one sick

yeah but $1800 is bs mine gona cost me final figure of $400 for both. Def post once its done.

and it does look good on mk3's

theres a huge difference than civics and integras

Actually, I gotta thank Lam for the design. Hes got one door working already.

Sean

#11 ·
MK3Brent said:
Can our doors (not having a frame around the glass) work with these? I guess it can,. but just seems like the glass may get too much pressure against it coming down on a different angle.
it will work fine, i talked to a guy that owns a shop in my town, he owns an older ford probe (got bored with all the other rice rockets he used to own) and his shop speciallizes in lambo doors, and what do you know, he has lambos doors on his probe, and it has similar doors to the mk3. He also told me he could do it for my car but I never got a price for it...

G
#12 ·
NA... I WOULD LOVE TO DO IT BUT MY ENTIRE BODY KIT IS MOLDED INTO AS ONE PIECE... I WOULD HAVE TO CUT HALF OF THE FRONT FENDERS ON EACH SIDE TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE. PLUS BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I AM DONE WITH THE OUTSIDE NOW. I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS (IN WHITE PRIMER) . THE DOORS WOULD DEFINITELY BE AN AWESOME TOUCH, BUT I JUST WANT TO GET MY 7MGTE IN THERE AND GET ALL THOSE DAM GUAGES WORKING AND CALL IT A DAY. (OH PLUS GET IT PAINTED .LOL)

THEN FROM THERE IM MOVING INTO ANOTHER PROJECT TOYOTA.
A 1993 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER THAT I AM GOING TO KIT UP AND SLAM ON ON 22'S OR 23'S. THEN I AM DONE FOR A MINUTE.

IF THESE GUYS COME UP WITH AN EASY AND AFFORDABLE WAY TO MOUNT THESE DOORS WITH STABILITY (AN I MEAN STABILITY) I WILL PROBABLY GO AHEAD AND CUT THE FRONT FENDER AND ADD THEM IN. BUT ALOT OF COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE STABLE LAMBO DOORS FROM WHAT I HEAR. ILL POST SOME PICS OF THE RIDE PRETTY SOON WITH INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SHOTSL

#13 ·
at the orlando mr2 meet this weekend there was a celica with athe doors, i'd like to see what the actuall hinged look like, because they pivor out a few degrees then they rotate up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.