Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi
does any one have a video or pics for how to install lambo doors in 97 supra or any other car
do u know someone has installed them in his supra
what's ur suggestions cuz i heard that lambo doors is bad for daily use & i must find good kit type cuz supra door is too heavy :ugh2:
[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've heard that the reason lambo's have lambo doors is because their doors are so big, it makes it easier to get in and out of the car in tight parking spaces. I don't know about any of you fellas, but it sucks trying to get out of my mkiii unless I can open up my doors fully, which I almost never can when I'm parking in a tight spaced parking lot. So for making it easier to get in and out of your car in a tight space, lambo style doors are a great solution.

·
Banned
621 Posts
mohmmad said:
hi
does any one have a video or pics for how to install lambo doors in 97 supra or any other car
do u know someone has installed them in his supra
what's ur suggestions cuz i heard that lambo doors is bad for daily use & i must find good kit type cuz supra door is too heavy :ugh2:

I have putt them on a customers supra, two month later he went back to stock.
Any more questions?

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
Instructions for installing lambo doors on a Supra:

Step 1: Load gun.

Step 2: Point at your head.

Step 3: Shoot.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
From what I hear, the biggest problom with an aftermartket lambo door kit is that they go out of alignment VERY quickly and the door never shuts right. A car twist and moves more then you think. I don't know how the roads are Egypt, but even smooth roads over time just in daily driving will make them fail. Unless built that way, no regular car door should be made to do that, it's just not built to withstand that. Lambo partly designs their doors and body shells so that they can do what they do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RSXTypeS79 said:
From what I hear, the biggest problom with an aftermartket lambo door kit is that they go out of alignment VERY quickly and the door never shuts right. A car twist and moves more then you think. I don't know how the roads are Egypt, but even smooth roads over time just in daily driving will make them fail. Unless built that way, no regular car door should be made to do that, it's just not built to withstand that. Lambo partly designs their doors and body shells so that they can do what they do.
the door never shuts right<<<<<<< i heard that 2 but they tell me that depends on the body shop work
i think that daily use will make them fail 2 but i like the look of them on da cars :rolleyes: inshalah i will see

about the roads in egypt i can't tell u :bigthumb: it's sooooooooooooooooooooo great it't look like hills more than roads :)
thank's man for ur help

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
the REAL LAMBO hinges are simple hinges,it's the way that car's body disigned it opens up upwards,since most of their doors have a curve that follows the front wheelwell arch,so it would be almost impossible to make their door open up conventional way.
back on topic, the reason aftermarket junk fails is due to weak steel they are made of,over a quick period of time the weight of the door puts alot of strain on flimzy hinge and they start to shut funny ,dragging on the body of the car,

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
No prob. I have taken a little to time with this pic to explain why Lambo doors work on Lambos. I will explain with the corrisponding color.

Notice how they have the body and doors made more like a puzzle piece rather then making the body alone smooth. These are purpose made resting points for the door.

See how the doors on the Lambo are a little thinner (minus the interior peices) then say a Supra door? Notice how much wider the supporting body work on the bottom of the cars opening is? Also notice how the latch on the door is structured. A little better then most. A thinner door means a lighter door and has the support of a wider resting point.

This is actually a big part of why these door work on THIS car. It creates, going back to the first 2 points, a better distribution of the weight of the door over a wider area thus creating a better resting point. When the car yaws and pivots, it will not try to seep open like on a normal car with a Lambo kit.

And that, kids, is why Lambo door kits are only good on Lambos. I don't care how good a shop is, physics wins in the end.

Thus ends the sermon.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
thanks RSX, for helping me prove my point, you would happen to have a pic of the actual hinge, to show everyone how simple the REAL Lambo hinge is?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

$2,495 <<<<<<<<<<< :no!: it's toooooooo much man
the one am going to install is for $1100 only but i don't know if it's going live with my daily use or not??

1 - 20 of 86 Posts