Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera vs Porsche 997 GT3 RS

Price: 187,604 euro($253,433.30 USD) / 129,659 euro($175,155.69 USD)

Power outup: 530hp / 415hp

0-100km/h(0 - 62mph): 3.9 / 4.2 sec
0-160km/h(0 - 100mph): 8.0 / 8.8 sec
0-200km/h(0 - 125mph): 12.5 / 13.2 sec

Slalom: 71,2km/h(44.5mph) / 72,4km/h(45.25mph)
Laptime: 1:33,6 min / 1:35,0 min

Brake distance (100-0km/h)(62 - 0mph): 32,2 m / 34,9 m

Result
1. Gallardo (2534 points)
2. GT3 RS (2471 points)

Comfort: Winner Lamborghini
Engine/gearbox: Winner Porsche
Driving dynamics: Winner Lamborghini
Environment/costs: Winner Porsche

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
I LOVE THAT PORSCHE! I love the retro styling with new age technology mix.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
a) Both cars are hawt sex.

b) Lambo interior makes my pants get tight in the crotch. Very sexy!

c) Hard-to-read white-faced Lambo gauges need to be replaced with legible black-faced ones like the Porsche.

d) Great pics, as always!

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
damn that lambo is out. it's 1.4 sec's on the course thats something special right there.

little off topic- i've never driven a "real" performance car like the ones posted above with that paddle shift technology. but i can't imagine i'ts more fun than a "real" manual transmission. it just has to be so less involving. i mean i know it makes it easier but, easier is always best. can anyone confirm my suspicion?

·
Registered
886 Posts
damn that lambo is out. it's 1.4 sec's on the course thats something special right there.

little off topic- i've never driven a "real" performance car like the ones posted above with that paddle shift technology. but i can't imagine i'ts more fun than a "real" manual transmission. it just has to be so less involving. i mean i know it makes it easier but, easier is always best. can anyone confirm my suspicion?
This is hotly debated in many communities. The lambo guys are split on it and so are the F-car guys. Typically the purists will always stick with the 6 speed... but in modern racing and competition the paddle boxes are the leading edge.

·
Saved
643 Posts
This is hotly debated in many communities. The lambo guys are split on it and so are the F-car guys. Typically the purists will always stick with the 6 speed... but in modern racing and competition the paddle boxes are the leading edge.
I think there's a difference between attempting to go as fast as you can and getting the most out of your driving experience. I consider paddleshift technology in the same realm of say a Hollinger sequential transmission, or a dog box tranny. It's designed to be as fast as possible at the loss of some connection with the car. With a standard manual however, you connect with the car more and you get more enjoyment out of with without the necessity of going as fast as possible.

That being said I'd still rock both of those any day of the week. :) :wavey:

Josh

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Lambo AWD steering feel is not as good as its competitors and that is about it.

G for the win. And that is finally the interior the G needed. Too cheap before, but way better than models of past, even the Murci. The whole Super interior is nearly perfect.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
G for the win. And that is finally the interior the G needed. Too cheap before, but way better than models of past, even the Murci. The whole Super interior is nearly perfect.
Yeah that interior is fucking amazing. I love it. But why did they go with those gauges? They look cheap and totally out of place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts