Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sources on the ground at Germany's Nürburgring believe that this Lamborghini test car is a prototype for the Murcielago Superleggera — a lighter, even more intense version of the Lamborghini supercar flagship.

The black panels on this prototype point to the same use of lighter-weight carbon-fiber and plastic panels found on the recently released Gallardo Superleggera, meaning this super Murcielago gets a new engine hood, door panels and central tunnel made out of the high-tech aerospace materials.

Some of the glass has also likely been replaced by lighter-weight clear plastic, further reducing the Murcielago's mass. This prototype was also fitted with a massive rear wing, also likely crafted from carbon-fiber.

As with the Gallardo Superleggera, this new Murcielago is expected to get a power bump beyond its 640-horsepower, further intensifying the gains made from the 'Lago's weight reduction.

Just how close the Murcielago Superleggera will get to 700-horsepower is currently unknown. Also unknown is exactly when this newest Superleggera will be available to the insanely wealthy, but a public debut at one of this Fall's European motor shows seems logical.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Well I can't say anything really because its holding on my temp. paper plate on the back window of my 4runner...

·
Saved
643 Posts
Not quite sure how I feel about the large touring wing yet. I suppose it'll grow on me. It almost looks like when the side scoops are opened up, most of the wing won't be getting clean air. Maybe that's why they decided to add the little lip on the center of the wing. Eh, who knows.

I guess now that I've looked at it long enough I appreciate the shape more. It's the next logical step past the LP640. Any thoughts that they might get rid of the AWD in order to shave off some more pounds?

Josh

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
It's nice when automotive companies "get" the fact that weight reduction pays dividends for things other than just straight line acceleration. I've always said I'd rather have a 2000 pound car with 200 HP than a 3500 car with 350 HP, etc. In this case they are again going one better by upping power AND cutting weight. Bravo! :bigthumb:

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Countache's used to be my fav, but Murci's are starting to grow on me.
Not like Id ever get the opp to own one, but man that thing is hotttt.

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I was very hesitant about the Murci at first, as I loved the Diablo, but now it's easily the better looking of the current Lambos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts