Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would also not mind getting a different style horn.. the Supras horn sounds like it came off of a geo metro..

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
I have the Hella air horns and they are fucking LOUD. They have the tone the exotic cars have like a Ferrari and such just louder. I wired them up wrong the first time and when I touched the ground wire to the battery they went off and I about shit myself, they are awesome.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Euphoric, Where do you have your Hella's mounted? I am thinking of getting them but I would want them to stay as hidden as possible to keep the engine bay clean.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
TC2Supra said:
Euphoric, Where do you have your Hella's mounted? I am thinking of getting them but I would want them to stay as hidden as possible to keep the engine bay clean.
Everything is mounted under the radiator panel so it is out of sight. There is a stock horn there which I used the power lead from for these.... I have the 3 horn version rated at 118db or so.

B

·
0 Posts
I have a pair of "ordinary" Hella horns - two red plastic snail-shell type jobbies. One is 400hz, the other 500hz. They are rated at 115db min. each, frikken load indeed ! Mine are mounted in the same position as the stock IC, but on the other side.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I to can attest to the loudness of the Hella Horns. We just put them in my brothers Cobra & it sounds just like the jackass at the game three seats away with the air horn. Just imagine his two buddies also having air horns. I like that it sounds totally differant more than just being loud.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts