Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed everyone saying that they would post pics of the board but I didn't see any anywhere.

I also noticed people saying that the high circuit on the 93.5-96
lamp failure sensor has a 5.1k resistor already in it. This is wrong.
the high circuit has a 6.2k ohm resistor in it (which I verified with my multi meter and my handy Radio Shack resistor identification thumb wheel tool) the other being a 2.7k ohm is correct though.
The failure sensor that I have is P/N 89373-14080

I couldn't find the resistors around town. So I ordered them from Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com) (1-800-346-6873) they cost .12 cents each.
Part numbers are
(273-5.1k) for the 5.1k resistor
(273-30k) for the 30k resistor

It is very simple to remove the resistor and change them.

Here is a mirror style picture.

Ishii

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
i've been living with my LFS light on in the dash for a year now. this is too easy, i don't know why i didn't do it earlier. thanks for the writeup!:)

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW: If your like me and lost the bulb that you removed so long ago. The Toyota part numbers are 83101-14040 for the socket and 83109-30070 for the bulb, less than 10$ for both.

Ishii

·
Just another SUPRA PIMP !
504 Posts
Thanx Ishii !!!
Breaking out my solder as we speak !!!
Hughie...NYC

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. I had meant well to do this and never got around to it due to having to constantly having my Supra ran back and forth to the bodyshop getting it repaired from getting rearended on the freeway a year ago. I certainly appreciate following up on my posts (posting the pics I was supposed to include and never did)MY BAD! But changing the resistors to the 5.1k and 30k makes the newerstyle taillight lamp sensor indication work like normal. Thanks again!!! It should help anyone who wants to switch to the newer taillight lense assemblies.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
After examining your picture it is a mirrored picture of the electrical board. It could confuse someone as to proper placement of the resistors. The higher value resistor is the one closest to the IC chip( which is the long rectangular black chip with a bunch of silver legs). The lower value resistor is the one farthest from the IC chip.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
I took mine out...just swapped in my 98 lights, but haven't tried to see if it works or not. Just figured I would go ahead and make it right.:)

My resistors are as follows:

2.7K Red, Violet, Red
5.6K Green, Blue, Red

There must be different sizes they used on different years or something?

Just thought I would share my findings.

Take Care

·
Addicted to // TRD
283 Posts
I just did mine today. It work like a charm. Save myself close to $200 and get rid of the warning light whenever I turn on the headlights. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just ordered from mouser.com

So I had to get 10 of each as the minimum (at 0.12 cents= a whole $2.40 for the 2 sets). If anyone needs one just let me know and I will mail it out. I will keep one spare of each.. all else are free to anyone. so I have eight sets for forum members.
Thanks

Ps. Mouser said my order should be here by next Wednesday

·
Banned
455 Posts
Evolutionist said:
I just ordered from mouser.com

So I had to get 10 of each as the minimum (at 0.12 cents= a whole $2.40 for the 2 sets). If anyone needs one just let me know and I will mail it out. I will keep one spare of each.. all else are free to anyone. so I have eight sets for forum members.
Thanks

Ps. Mouser said my order should be here by next Wednesday
i will do the same...just tell me how much paypal is bro..thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
No charge. They are free. Just PM me you address and I will send them out. I will mark the 30k and the 5.1k so you will know. I send a pair to the guy who has scarface in his sig already sent 9/18. I am sure he is happy now.

No problems

Alex D. = Sent 10/02
Mark K. = Sent 10/02

You are welcome

M

·
0 Posts
my one is a bit different , when ever I hit the break , the warning tail light came on ,

so I got my friend to check the lights on the back for me , and we found out that , when we hit the breaks , one of the lamps is a bit dimmer , any idea ?

S

·
0 Posts
i have the resistors already and soon ill be getting the 98 style tail lights but i cant figure out where that chip is.

S

·
0 Posts
that article looks different to what the thread started is talking about, the chip is completely different too, i am so lost

1 - 20 of 34 Posts