Supra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Okay, for those still confused, ill do my own little write up to see if i can't help you.

First, you need to locate the LFS in the rear driver side panel. To do this you need to remove the plastic cover and look for a purple clip poking through the metal. (see pic 1)

Pic 1

Once you have located it, squeeze the clip and the purple box should pop right out. Once it is out, remove the wire harness. (see pic 2 and 3)

Pic 2

Pic 3

Finally, pop of the lid and pull out the circuit board. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK IT! ;) (see pic 4)

Pic 4

Now that the board is out, refer to Ishii's post at the top of this thread by replacing the 6.2k with the 30k and the 2.7k with the 5.1k. :)

S

·
0 Posts
awesome write up and ur supra is hot out of this world, i get it now, u have to take the circuit out and flip it out of that little plastic box to weld it.

·
Tuning focused...
561 Posts
I did mine as everything stated here, but if I touch the brakes for 2 -4 seconds the light will come ON, what´s going on?

I have seen a couple more supras with tail swapped with this simptom

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
DWSUPRA what it sounds like is weak ground connections,resistance issue. Best thing to do is take the taillight panels and pop them out and then unscrew the wires that attach to the light bulb panels and wire brush any corrosion or dirt and then reattach them to make sure you have good solid ground connections. Pop the bulbs out the sockets and wire brush the bottom of the bulbs. Take a look at the bulbs and make sure they are all the same type of bulb meaning some of them made of copper/brass looking metal and some being aluminum/chrome looking bulbs. I had the same problem and changing all the bulbs to the same brand bulbs cured my issues. When you put them in test the lights by turning your lights on and hit the brakes and see if they are all the same brightness and see if the LFS warning light indicator still comes on. Also don't forget to check the third brake light. Hopefully this helps, because I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was going on with mine too. Since doing everything I described took care of my issues with it and hopefully will do the same for you.

S

·
0 Posts
is 4.7 k and 27 k ok? those are the closest resistors i have, or 5.6 k and 33 k?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am honestly not sure. I was not able to find a 30K either, so i took 2 15K's and soldered them in series to make the 30K. The 5.1K i found at the store, so either keep checking around, or try soldering a 2.5K and 2.6K in series, or some other combination. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you happen to have the picture that you showed in post one?

I'm asking because I opened my LFS and it is different than anything I have seen so far.
The resistors are different than what you guys describe.

I have: Green, Green, Red and Red, Yellow, Red. ???

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the 30k and 5.1k ohm resistors for the rear lamp failure relay, but I can't find the pics anywhere of how to orient them. Just want to bump for pics again if someone has them. Thanks!

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
I have the 30k and 5.1k ohm resistors for the rear lamp failure relay, but I can't find the pics anywhere of how to orient them. Just want to bump for pics again if someone has them.
Bumping to answer this question with a picture link that actually works.

The 30k ohm resistor goes closest to the black integrated chip. The 5.1k ohm resistor goes furthest from the black integrated chip.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts