Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took the car in for an alignment. I gave my friend Lance's numbers from MKIV.com.

The used to lean towards the right while driving but it was very miniscule that I thought it was just road curves.

After the alignment was done the car steered fine but when let go of the wheel the car immediately turns itself to the right. I don't know if its the camber adjustment that made my old problem seem worse or if something has not been adjusted yet?

Everything as far as driving and steering is fine and on the mark but only problem is that when no hands on the wheel it steers to the right. The feel is sorta like the car centering out the steering wheel only in a wrong position.

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
3,745 Posts
no hard pulling on my ca with that alignment. maybe something is wrong with the suspension

1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't so bad before the aligment. Barely noticeable but after it seems to go that way pretty hard. Maybe my friend missed something? He had to run out after the job cuz he had a game to catch and was late. I can always bring it back to him just wanted to see if anyone has gone through this before.

· Hardtopper
3,283 Posts
Uneven tire way, maybe?

I'm getting the Lance alignment as soon as my new tires get here. My rears are fuct due to too much rear camber. I wore out $1100 worth of tires in ~5k miles of normal driving. :mad:

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
how are your tires? i am seeing the exact same issue, but i am 100% sure that everything was done right b/c it was a buddy of my friend, *(who is now my number one go to mechanic that works for toyota) i was under the car with him looking over and everything was just like the spec suggested on mkvi.com.

but anyways, my car pulls slightly to the right when i let go. we think that its because my back right tire is worn alot more then my back left. that would cause the car to pull slightly to the right, but i gues i'll find out when i put new tires on

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
Uneven tire way, maybe?

I'm getting the Lance alignment as soon as my new tires get here. My rears are fuct due to too much rear camber. I wore out $1100 worth of tires in ~5k miles of normal driving. :mad:
on mkiv.com it states that factory camber settings wear the inside of the tires too much, even with my factory suspension i have crazy wear on the inside of the tires.

but i will say that i damn love the lance alignment, car handles A LOT better with it + the megan coilovers

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Could mean a couple of things:

1. Steering column bushing going bad (I never personally seen it, but it does increase the angle of the steering wheel not to be centered).

2. Bent tie rod?

3. Have the alignment checked again. Someone rushing their job will forget something.

The times I had the lance alignment done, my steering wheel would be close to straight.

· Hardtopper
3,283 Posts
how are your tires? i am seeing the exact same issue, but i am 100% sure that everything was done right b/c it was a buddy of my friend, *(who is now my number one go to mechanic that works for toyota) i was under the car with him looking over and everything was just like the spec suggested on mkvi.com.

but anyways, my car pulls slightly to the right when i let go. we think that its because my back right tire is worn alot more then my back left. that would cause the car to pull slightly to the right, but i gues i'll find out when i put new tires on

Where'd you get your alignment done? I'm new to the Charlotte area. I was referred to Auto Aimers off Albemarle Rd, but haven't looked into them yet.

1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going in again to get it looked at tom.

Vic: He used the one with what looked like satelites that clipped onto my wheels. The main unit had 4 sensors with led flashing. I'm assuming this is a better machine than normal. I've never had an aligment done so I'm not familiar.

· Registered
1,065 Posts

· ESE CULO
5,531 Posts
Nice, I'd be very annoyed even if it was a slight pull. Glad you got that taken care of. I need to get mine done asap too. Been like 3 months with no alignment after hitting a curb and now lowering the car lol. Is the lance alignment numbers affected if your car does not have stock wheels, suspension, and height?

PS. I love your wheels, even your black spoiler has me thinking.

1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ Thanks for the nice comments.

As for the Lance alignment... I didn't notice an immediate change in the handling but further driving could prove otherwise. I do however feel the steering is slightly more responsive. That's about all I can say for it.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.