Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Lance's specs for the Supra alignment? Does the Supra respond better? What about tire wear? Do anyone know of a place in Plano(Dallas) that will do it? The major stores will only do the stock specs, anyone else having problems with finding a place to do alignments?
Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
I think that should be the first step before u start doing any Mods.
because it does let tires last longer, as far as the handle, what i felt is about the same, anyway, if u really wanna upgrade your handle, do need to upgrade the spring, and put fron and rear strut bars.

BTW, your local wheel shop should be able to do "Lance's alignment".
i did mine on local nissan dealer.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Remember to have the alignment guy to to torque the nuts to spec. I had Lance align done and I can say that the rears wore more evenly than before even with more negative camber in the rear. I think the zero toe does give you a little bit of "squirm" or "squirrely" going done the road but I like the changes for track events. I am down to the wear bars after three and a half months but have put 6 events on them including a very sweet hour and a half of full bore road track use today.
Barry H. 94ttsupra 6sp.

T

·
0 Posts
Lance Alignment

Does the Lance Alignment work on supra's that have been lowered and with aftermarket rims? I have the Tein setup with 18' 5 zigen rims (5ZR).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
to the guy asking about lance alignment on Supras that are lowered yes the alignment works for that as well. However, I have been told by my mechanic that he was able to put as much caster into the front on a lowered Supra that he did as to the stock height. (I think 4 degrees as opposed to 5 degrees) Now whether that was some particualr quirk with that car or not, I do not know. Just for you info. I have the Lance alignment and have noticed great improvement on rear tire wear rate and particualarly pattern. The car is a touch "squirmy" going down the road with the rear toe setting IMO but I am use to the feeling now. Like the way the alignment works on the track and I may put a tad more negative front camber in to see how it does.
Barry H.

·
Registered
763 Posts
IMHO...

I have the "Lance" alignment specs on my car which lowered 2inches.

There are a few things I do not like about the alignment.

-- The car squirms a lot more with the zero toe setting in the front. (can be fixed by adding some toe.)

-- The front suspension seems to fall over in the middle of a turn with the 5 degrees of caster. (can be fixed by reducing the caster some.)

-- I don't like the "turn in" characteristics. (can be improved by adding some toe, removing some caster. This is also effected by camber but I would leave the camber at 1.5.)

I am going to have my car re-aligned next week and I am gong to:

-- have some toe added to the front.

-- have the caster backed down to 4 )

-- have the camber at 1.5 negative at all four corners.

This should yield in a car that handles very well, is responsive and should have pretty good wear. With the caster at 4 it should also have pretty good high speed stability. I had pretty good stability with 3.5 so 4 should be a little better.

The lance alignment is a good base line to start with. When you understand how each setting (caster, camber, and toe) effects the handling/wear characteristics you can go from there and make small adjustments to suit your preferences.

-pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts