Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Land Cruiser crank is another myth!! Just like the whole truck engine thing. It will not fit nor can it be machined to fit the bottom end of a 7M. It happens to be 5 inches to long, and heavy as hell!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
outofstep said:
Thank you sir. I've always wondered about this one.
No problem:D I had to know if it would fit or not.

·
Boost Creep.
432 Posts
Finally, a definitive answer! Thank you so much for this information.

BTW, do you happen to have the engine code (type) for the Landcruiser engine whose crank you used? If not, do you know if it was a diesel or gas engine?

Thanks again,
Brendan

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah... who really thought this would fit?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bjacques said:
Finally, a definitive answer! Thank you so much for this information.

BTW, do you happen to have the engine code (type) for the Landcruiser engine whose crank you used? If not, do you know if it was a diesel or gas engine?

Thanks again,
Brendan
I don't know the engine code, but it was a gas engine.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
76celicagt said:
yeah... who really thought this would fit?
It's not a question of who thought it would fit. It was one of those I wonder if. Joe Blow said, "It fits." Then before you knew it, "I heard the Land Cruiser crank would fit."

·
Boost Creep.
432 Posts
greensupra_87 said:
here's another one, m3 crank :D
Good One!

How about the early-80's maxima diesel crank? :)

(For those not familiar, this _is_ a "stroker" crank for i-6 nissan motors in the 240z-280zx models.)

-B

·
Registered
562 Posts
Apparently quite a few people want that long stroke since quite a few people are stroking the 7m...and my hats off to the man that disproved the legend. That has been floating around for years and it takes a driven man to disprove ancient lore.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MightyAl said:
Apparently quite a few people want that long stroke since quite a few people are stroking the 7m...and my hats off to the man that disproved the legend. That has been floating around for years and it takes a driven man to disprove ancient lore.
Hey thanks man.......

The search started because I need more displacement to reach my goal. Today I sent my 7M crank off to be stroked. The end result will be a 4.00" stroke. With a overbore and the stroke I'll end up with a 3.4 liter 7M.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thank you! I've been telling people it won't work for a year now. I've seen a Land Cruiser engine when it was torn down and the spacing between cylinders is at least twice that of the Supras.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts