Supra Forums banner

Land Rover reliability?

330 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  John79
Specifically the Range Rover HSE (2000ish) I have heard some good and bad but nothing really iron clad, mostly people like them or hate them.

I've always liked that body style, and was thinking about picking one up for the GF and then i could abuse it when ever i wanted to. This is one vehicle i know nothing about except they have a neat drive train.

But I really would like to get a reliable vehicle for her, I know there are more reliable SUV's out there but ive wanted one for awhile.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
hahhaahhahhahhahhahhaha
I've never heard anything good about the reliability of Land Rovers....
I honestly have only had a couple people tell me they were ok. Just wanted, i guess a nail in the coffin so i wouldn't buy one. I guess ill go back to plan A. RX300
no. luxury cars out of warranty = bad. The 4.0/4.6 leaks everyone, has air suspension problems and all parts/labor are expensive. Get a Lexus.
It's not too bad as long as you don't get the Supercharged one. The majority of Land Rovers are good mechanically but the Range Rover has been a different story in most cases.
Take it from a former LR Tech.. Land Rover brand and reliability do not go hand in hand.
It's not too bad as long as you don't get the Supercharged one. The majority of Land Rovers are good mechanically but the Range Rover has been a different story in most cases.

no way. Freelanders are the worst or them all and series 1 Disco's are crap also. The series II Disco's 99-04 disco's are better then the old ones and the newer LR3's are about the same but NONE of them I would call reliable. None are worth getting unless they have a warranty.
I hope you are skilled at changing intake gaskets and rear main seals.
I honestly have only had a couple people tell me they were ok. Just wanted, i guess a nail in the coffin so i wouldn't buy one. I guess ill go back to plan A. RX300
Yes, go back to plan A - those things in/out of warranty are Great vehicles and very reliable. I just sold my 99 RX with 156k miles on it and it ran perfect.
Yes, go back to plan A - those things in/out of warranty are Great vehicles and very reliable. I just sold my 99 RX with 156k miles on it and it ran perfect.
perfect example. In my 6+ years w/ Land Rover I have seen like 5 cars over 150k. None were running well. Most don't run well over 100k or like 50k.
:rofl:

Land Rover and reliability? AHAHAHAHAHA

For real, stay away from them.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.