Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
LOL that is so funny. We have a land cruiser for one of our family cars and that thing is a box, no aerodynamics what so ever. thats pretty impressive to see that video. i don't think i was ever able to get the land cruiser over 100mph. guess i need to put a T51R in ours :)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
.....and playing "Walk Alone" by green day in the process....

Those guys are INSANE. :faint:

·
Registered
497 Posts
that is really hard to believe. i would expect that thing to take-off or fly off the road way before that speed. And what kind of vette was that doing 200 mph?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I can't sense sarcasm very well online.....but damn that was so fake.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,527 Posts
Look at those light posts, those things are creeping by.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For people who don't know the weight of a LC :) it Weighs 3 TONS !

It might be a Unusual or lets say a Miracle for some of you to see a 4x4 car ( off road car ) doing 200 miles/H. But where i come from those 200 miles SUVs are so prevalent, and you see them every day racing very fast SUPERCARS and bikes.

I will post a video for the newer generation of a LandCruiser in Qatar racing a Bike.

Regards,

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ricerckt said:
I wonder if that is kilometers per hour rather than miles per hour.
MILES PER HOUR, NOT A BIG DEAL :scratch:

Do some Search under my Nick name here and look back in my old THREADS , you would find some videos for LandCruiser beating a HKS T51R KAI Single Turbo Supra > And you would find some LCs Beating Mercedes SLR

Have FUN

·
genius wannabe
49 Posts
T51R SPL BB said:
MILES PER HOUR, NOT A BIG DEAL :scratch:

Do some Search under my Nick name here and look back in my old THREADS , you would find some videos for LandCruiser beating a HKS T51R KAI Single Turbo Supra > And you would find some LCs Beating Mercedes SLR

Have FUN

I wasn't trying to imply that it was impossible. We all know that anything is possible nowadays. I've seen videos of a Dodge Caravan doing a low 10 sec. pass down the 1320...crazy: yes....impossible: no. Your video was just the first one I had seen of a LC knocking on the 200mph door and on my screen the numbers were slightly blurred so I couldn't really tell.

Z

·
0 Posts
No Shame said:
I can't sense sarcasm very well online.....but damn that was so fake.
Fuckin' A! If that was 190, then I've done Mach 1. I couldn't hear the radio when I was doing this speed either. Must get a better sound system. :rolleyes:

The picture quality was also the worst I've ever seen. Difficult to even tell if it was this planet. I've seen the LC-Supra drag race but this didn't even look like 90mph and where is all the engine noise? If you edited it out, you should have spent more time editing the picture quality.

·
Registered
318 Posts
well i think it was real, concidering how far apart those light posts are and also the depth distortion that comes with videotaping, especially when the video is as unclear as that....u cant really use them as a tool to judge speed...little too crazy for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ricerckt said:
I wasn't trying to imply that it was impossible. We all know that anything is possible nowadays. I've seen videos of a Dodge Caravan doing a low 10 sec. pass down the 1320...crazy: yes....impossible: no. Your video was just the first one I had seen of a LC knocking on the 200mph door and on my screen the numbers were slightly blurred so I couldn't really tell.
10 SEC was a big thing for you HUH ? So what will you be saying if you show that video of a nissan PATROL doing 7 sec ! Tell me , you wanna see that ?

:biggrin:

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,527 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the Corvettes have a computer controlled mph to kph setting that uses the mph speedo, but converts the speed you're traveling to kph. I think this is what these dudes did, it looks way to slow to be 200mph, but looks about what a bit over 100mph would be.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts