Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They are in Australia messing with it. GM, along with Australian and international agencies have been running a program for 2 years getting the Holden/Pontiac to this point.

From the rumors, has a higher output V8 than the G8 GXP (I doubt this). Better brakes (I can see that), tougher suspension bits (pretty standard in any police package), larger alternator (standard as well), skid plating (ha, I just find that cool), full wi-fi internet, next gen GPS, blah blah blah, police toys.

No word on price per interceptor, but, I'm willing to say it won't be cheap. I also don't see the Crown Vic getting knocked down anytime soon. They are a bargain for the most part. I can see them buying a decent amount of G8's for people who like to run. They have to do something. Even your normal sedans these days are getting decent HP for what they are.

I don't know, it doesn't seem as imposing as the Ford Police Interceptor or the Dodge Police Charger.

Ever have a blacked-out out Police Charger behind you? Even if you've done nothing wrong, it gets people nervous. I've heard some of the stuck up fuckers that live here in Johnson County, Kansas cry about how "evil" the new cars look. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
California is already borderline bankrupt... Do they really need to spend money on this?

On another note, I didn't realize Pontiac released a G8 with an LS3 until yesterday... Pretty cool :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
I just wanted to add that I reeeeeally want an HSV version with the mean front bumper...

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
How are they going to put a push/ram bar on the front of that :)

In the case of the police Chargers.....I had one along side me the other day. All blacked out, black push par, low profile lights and nasty black steel rims with winter tires on it. It looked pretty badass.

·
Everybody Lies
358 Posts

·
Custom User Title
974 Posts
California is already borderline bankrupt... Do they really need to spend money on this?
Do you really not understand the difference between a city and a state?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ive been noticing a lot of LHD plated commodores around lately, wonder if this is related.

This would be a godsend for Holden, sales have been up the shit for the last 6 months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts