Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to, I was practically forced to.(Kind of like how I was peer pressured to do heroin when I was a teen back in the 70's.) Anyways, No joke! I really did refuse to drive this Supra!!!!!! All I wanted to do was wear a diaper and sit as passenger. End result: Bad move! Ohh you better [email protected]#$%ing believe it! But I now seriously know that BIGGER IS BETTER! I don't know if it's a good thing, or a bad thing. Good: I'll have my own personal space ship! Bad: Light wallet and shiny coffin.

I'm coming from a 71GTQ stock internals!
White Supra uhhhhhhh FULLY BUILT GT47-88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure the fucker came on a little over 6k rpm, enough time to brace yourself and call your mother btw...but when that little shit came online at full boost......!??!?!?!?!???!!!!!!!!!! [email protected]#$^[email protected]##%&$#)! HOLY MOTHERRRRR~!!!!! I knew our cars were fast, NOT THIS FASSSST!!!!!! I've seen the light! It's true, oh it is soooo true. The Supra is Gods gift to mankind!!!!!!!

Note:
-DO NOT stare at a Supra whose turbo is twice the size of your head. I swear it has demonic effects. It calls for you, believe me it does!
-If you're happy with your current setup and swore to your wife about not spending anymore on the car, DO NOT ride in a 88mm equipped Supra!
-For the owners with similar setups. Sighs, it must be nice to not even flinch when your right besides someone on the highway who thinks they have heat eh? Haha!!
-Now I understand what all this hype and fuss is about with large scale turbos and $$$$$$$$$$$$ setups. It's 10x as fun and so worth it. I think I understand Vin Diesel too about living his life a quarter mile a time.

-Vince(Typical Supra owner who hits boost every chance he gets.)

·
NOSUP4U
103 Posts
I was just a passenger in one of those Supra's and I felt the same way. It made mine feel like a go kart. Now I want to spend some $$$.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
welcome to the other side :)

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Well, lest everyone suddenly drop their plans and buy GT47-88's or bigger, I think people should keep in mind that the "cost curve" of owning a car built like that can go up very quickly in terms of maintenance and breakage (compared to a smaller single).

That being said, I'm sure it can be well worth it! :lol:

Steve T.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Well, lest everyone suddenly drop their plans and buy GT47-88's or bigger, I think people should keep in mind that the "cost curve" of owning a car built like that can go up very quickly in terms of maintenance and breakage (compared to a smaller single).

That being said, I'm sure it can be well worth it! :lol:

Steve T.
Booo! Party pooper! GT69-150 2.5 A/R FTW!

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Heh I knew once I went to Texas this year that having less than 800hp wasn't going to cut it, I didn't realize I'd need over 1,000 just to be in the top ten LOL. It definately takes more money to go from 800-1200hp (almost double), but I think in the end the shear "wow" factor makes it worthwile if you have the cash.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
you need to do some more heroin.

·
Down the tunnel, please.
409 Posts
Hahaha, Vince, I love it. Glad you enjoyed your time in the car. Who's was it? Just don't burn too much money!

·
Registered
108 Posts
onelove said:
Heh I knew once I went to Texas this year that having less than 800hp wasn't going to cut it, I didn't realize I'd need over 1,000 just to be in the top ten LOL. It definately takes more money to go from 800-1200hp (almost double), but I think in the end the shear "wow" factor makes it worthwile if you have the cash.
How do you keep a monster like that on the road?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hell, it doesn't have to be a big turbo car to have that effect. I rode in a BPU car over the weekend (first time I've been in a Supra since 97), and my already unhealthy obsession with Supras is now worse.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts