Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installation of my e-fans is the last piece of the puzzle to my car in order for it to run. So i bought some flex-a-lites off a friend and i'm having some trouble comprehending on how to wire these. I don't have a probe or a temp unit for these fans so i'll just be using a relay and a switch to control them.

Now, for the wiring part this is where i'm confused. For the (+) for the fans, i should run this to #30 on the relay. Then #87 on the relay hooks up to the (+) on the battery using 10 gauge with an inline 30 amp fuse. Then for the (-) for the fans i run the wire to the chassis for a good ground. Then #86 on the relay goes to a IGN source (my toggle switch i'll be using). Then the other wire for the toggle switch will go to a ground.

Is that it?? How would i go about hooking it up so that when my turbo timer clicks off and shuts the car down, my fans turn off as well??? i don't want to sit in the car and have to manually turn these fans off all the time. Defeats the purpose of the turbo timer.

Thanks.

Derek

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for my manual switch that i plan to run in the car, is it ok to use small 14-18 gauge wire and run it straight to #85 on the relay pin???? or do i have to use 10 gauge or else i risk burning something up. This is for the SWITCH ONLY. All other contacts i've already used 10 gauge wiring.

Thanks.

Derek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts