Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have decided on 18' HRE 847R's and HKS HiperMax RS Coilovers...

I need you guys to help me put together a BPU package, I am going home to Atlanta next month to visit family so i will get Jeremy Blackwell to do all my install but I would like to have my package already with me..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Price is not a huge deal right now, I want to get a good product, it isnt always the most expensive, you guys know what parts work the best and look good, and I take your words highly.. Just a decent package that you wouldnt mind having if you guys were just starting a BPU on your car.. I do not want to buy one of these $799 packages these companies are putting together now, seems kinda cheap, I just want my car to be clean and classy..

Well, let me edit in I have roughly 5k right now for BPU and install. I had around 12k available and wheels/suspension are costing me a little over 7k.

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
Even though this has been discussed a million times just like everything else..
Downpipe-Rod Millen Motorsports about $300
Apex N1 Exhaust $500-600 or Boost Logic 4'' Exhaust $850 just 2 nice exhausts many more out there.
Greddy BCC (Boost Cut Controller) about $100
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller about $350 or Apex AVC-R Boost Controller about $450 many more out there... or you could go manuel for about $100.
Greddy 3-Row Front Mount Intercooler about $1300

So about $2500-3000 or so depending on what you go with.. these are just some examples of proven products and not cheapos.. there are endless possibilities in the end. These are also just quick prices and could be had cheaper if you shop around.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust....best sounding exhaust on BPU Supra.

Also, get an Ebay downpipe. It's a piece of pipe, not worth shelling out $300 for the RMM.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
for the dp i would just get the 50$ ebay one, its a better idea instead of buy a 300 dollar piece that u will later on down the road have the replace with a single turbo.....

i also have the nurspec, and i love it! its quite in normal mode, and loud as anything in ttc

~Andrew

·
Registered
433 Posts
a Stainless Steel dp 90-250 depending on what you want Honestly i couldn't see them being much diff.
An exhaust that sounds good to you(check some clips) Pref 4" if you plan on going single later on. 500-900
Bcc-82.00
Boost Controller Manual or Electronic. Manual 90-200 Electronic 200-400
Intake hks about 125-Blitz sus about 260
Intercooler if you wanna be BPU+ and want the Bling Factor about 1000-1200
BOV about 300
and Would recomend either an AEM or SAFC and tune it. safc like 300 AEM about 1000.

Depends on how much you wanna spend really, im giong Full bpu next week and ist only costing me a little over 400 for all the parts =)

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
Get a used or eBay downpipe from Megan Racing.
BL 4" exhaust with 3" to 4" adapter
HKS EVC, or if possible find a used HKS EVC EZ (one of the best units)

And a $10 air intake tube with filter off eBay.

That should do you good for a while.

The BL exhaust and EVC boost controller are higher dollar items, but they are high quality, and will prevent you from having to purchase new ones later down the road when you decide to upgrade. Don't bother with buying an Apex'i N1 or other 3" exhaust. If I were to do it all from scratch, I would buy parts that won't need to be upgraded when you decide to go bigger later on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, so I was thinking this..

Intake- HKS or Blitz

Greddy 3 Row - Gotta have it

Boost Controller - HKS EVC 5

Exhaust - Going 3 for now, do not plan on single for a long time if ever, wanna keep it as close to stock as possible and still be fun!

BCC - Greddy

Downpipe - Ebay

Is this all I should do for my BPU? Do I need a SAFC and BOV?

And no I am not a part of Charleston Racing, I can see just by looking at cars around Charleston people do not know what they are doing..

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
One of the biggest things I regret is my car came with Apexi N1 3.5" exhaust... I wish it had the 4". I recommend 4".... going single sneeks up on you when you least expect it, then BAM! You're wanting 1000 rwhp.... trust me, I've been there.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
No one on here likes the HKS exhause? Thats the one i would choose if i did it all over again.

costs a shitload for most mate! :sadance:

but yeah i do think its the best...hks ti or bl...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got all of the following about 6 months ago:

1. Blitz Nur Spec used- 300
2. SAFC - new in box never used from prior owner - 250 I think
3. BCC - new 100 or so
4. Greddy BC - used 200 or so
5. Greddy 3 Row- Brand new 1200
6. RMM DP - bought by previous owner, never installed, 250 I think
7. Max Airbox - New from MVP, can't remember price, see website
8. Unorthodox CAM Gears- new from MVP, 400 I think

Hope that helps

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
Swoll said:
Just wondering myself... are the HKS EVC EZ 2's any good?

yup it is still the best and simplest boost controller on he market. It is a shame they dont make it any more.

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Might want to consider a fields harness if you don't want to hack up your factory harness installing the BCC, etc.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
Yeah, definitely invest in a wiring harness so you don't hack up your stock one. It makes installation of electronics 10x easier,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts