Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from home for 9 months and one of the first things on my list to do was to get my CF rear seat delete kit from turbodunn97supra installed.
I drove to his house (55 min.) last Sunday and he knocked out the install in short order. It's a high quality piece that was worth the wait. A custom hatch carpet is in the works. That carbon fiber is too pretty to cover up.
A few days later I installed my billet antenna delete plug and gave her a much needed bath.
I'm hoping to make it to Cars & Coffe this Saturday and take more pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
car looks beautiful! only thing I'm not a fan of is the carbon fiber covers on the front bumper, but I can see you're loading up on every you can in that. haha

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are a love it or hate it deal.
But they remind me of when Supra's were dominating the Tx Mile in the late 2000's.
Which will always be the pinnacle era of Supra performance IMO.

·
587 Posts
Looks awesome as usual - now you're gonna have to put a towel down every time you need to place something in the backseat ;)

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
793 Posts
Growing up baltic blue was my least favorite color Supra, one look at your car would change someone’s mind. Well done! By the way, what’s with the CF TRD labeled radiator plate?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When searching for my second MKIV three years ago white or black were my prefered colors. But part of my criteria was that the car had to be an original TT 6spd, vin matching, original color, not high mileage, and not a cut up/caged car that had been beat on.
The right car may have never come along if I held out for white or black one so I told myself I would take any color as long as it met my criteria.
Baltic Blue was never one of my favorites and I remember when it wad called old man blue. But, now it is a rare sought after color and it very quickly grew on me in person. It almost looks black at night.

The TRD emblem on the CF cooling plate is just something I found on fleabay.

·
Boost Junkie
12,455 Posts
Very cool! I don't know about running those covers as the vents do have a function (cooling the brakes), but car looks great. You've done a great job.

Steve

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thank you Steve.

I highly doubt those vents make a difference on the street though.

·
Boost Junkie
12,455 Posts

Thank you Steve.

I highly doubt those vents make a difference on the street though.
If you are just driving stop light to stop light on the street, probably not, but repeatedly high mph braking-they make a huge difference. I take my car out on the twisties and even with the huge Brembo brakes (mine are bigger than yours;), they still get pretty damned hot. With the venting closed off, I'd hate to think how much hotter they would get. Those vents are great for drag racers that run 1/4 mile at a time or 1/2 mile or mile racers that have one breaking event and a huge cool off period, but definitely not for those of us who actually take the cars out and drive them hard with repeated high mph braking events.

Steve K.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
793 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahahahahaha

I like to think I drive somewhat responsibly on the street.
I'll stick to the occasional roll on, on an empty highway.

·
JZA80
3,114 Posts
Looking good brother, wheels look nice with those brakes! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow very nice build. I like those wheels and rear seat delete.

On another note someone should make a center piece for that TRD style wing that curves up. Kind of like how the GTR and BMW center wing pieces are. I think it would be a good look for cars with this "race car" theme.

·
Registered
34 Posts
that rear seat delete is tempting but i have 3 little kids who love my supra. can you buy these somewhere or is it a one man show?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts