Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well recently i bought some new stuff for the cressida and still have a couple more things coming in before i go on deployment at the end of the year, and put her in another show here in pearl harbor just for fun (love hearing the reaction of everyone when they see the car then actually walk up and take a look at it). still waiting on my hardpipe to replace the accordian hose from soundperformance though.

anyway, heres some pics.

before the show i installed my new sp67gt with braided steel lines for everything (i want to go all braided steel and il be happy with the engine for that area)

here is at the show, it was about 350 some cars there, everything from modified nissan titans to all out custom rods to the weekend twin turbo mustang built for drag

i bought the strut bar off of ebay, fits a jzx81 chassis (basically japanese version of cressida, the chaser) for 1jz, but modified slightly to fit my cressida, love the way it tightens the handling a little

and i finally got my glove box in order to fit the electronics, cant say i like seeing the stuff just sitting out so i made a place for everything in the glove box where i can keep it out of view of wood-be ricer questions and thieves

either way, the show was fun, i never really hope to win anything right now cause its my daily driver and i keep it to my liking but cant afford to go overboard and try to win something, bu ti can say i defintaely get alot more attention than most of the cars next to me , just watching people walk up eye it a second, then see 90% of them do a double or triple take and most of the oens that take that second look have to stop, eye around a little bit, rub their head or get a big smile on their face and mutter words like "shit... wtf??"... best feeling though is when you get those guys who just have to bring all their buddies over "hey, this is the one i was tellin you about mang, sick huh?"

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Man I would be very proud of that car if I were you, thats's badass. I'll bet it gets loads of attention, great job.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I've always wanted a turbocharged Cressida, it just seems like the perfect sleeper. And finally the sawblades find a car where they look good, I thought I'd never see the day!

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
That is an awesome all around car man. Nice powerful family car, man I would definitely park one in my garage, right next to the MK3. Good work:) Have you dynoed that car?

-Alex

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
everyone: thanks for the great comments, yeah its a ton of fun to drive and the looks people give if they hear the turbo spool and blowoff next to them are priceless.

alexsmith: its been dynod on the 60-1 i had on it before and it made just over 400, with the new 67gt from sp im still having issues and it only put out 400 with a lot of hesitation :(, so its back to troubleshooting some intake and intercooler pieces

mazzer: its all about the theme, you have to be up close to see where else it ties in, its a gunmetal, chrome, and black theme on everything... dont really like the whole blue, red, and purple stuff that most people hav egoin on so i wanted a more classic look of the chrome and black style. to each their own.

as for updates, i did have a build thread but its long since lost after the search feature went away and i cant reach it anymore, but the next thing up will probably be an FFI from ron and a transmission from IPT

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
love that cressida.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You car looks great even with those wheels!

What's the interior look like?

·
Registered
299 Posts
ultimate sleeper.. i can just see some guy at a light.

"a toyota... cresta? cressidA? what the fuck?"

then you WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PSST

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You car looks great even with those wheels!

What's the interior look like?
full gray leather, power everything, both front seats are 10 way adjustable power, power moonroof, interior is in mint condition minus a bad spot on the passenger seat the size of a quarter. body has no rust either and chassis has 200k miles on it turned over by me lol

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Damn nice job again.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sawblades are sandblasted, they arent gray anymore and are a more offwhite when clean.

·
Registered
496 Posts
very nice! have you considered converting to a 5spd at all or are you gonna leave it auto?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my r154 is back home and may be put in when i return since theres an scca track im dying to take the cressida onto when i get home. still have all the pedals and slave cylinders and all necessities for the conversion, but ill be auto until i get tired of it or until i bust it up beyond all repair.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
love it man, it's a Supra with a functional back seat!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts