Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Premium Member
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've caught the HPDE bug driving the wifey's E46 M3 at a few race tracks around here. Needless to say after cooking the brakes and then the tires after a few events I decided it was time to get a more dedicated track car for myself. Was searching for M3 competition coupes when I came across this beauty. I finally took some time to give the car a few coats of wax and took it on a poker Charity run where the pictures below where taken.

2007 Z4M Alpine White with Imola Red Interior with Aluminum trim. The car was previously owned by TC Kline who is the one responsible for the carbon coupe and some of the best suspension components on the market specific to BMWs. Has all the pluses of the M3 competition, without the back seat and extra weight. At first I didn't like the looks of the car when it came out, however with the CSL wheels and lowered stance it's definitely grown on me. On the street so far it's been an absolute blast to drive, I'm looking to get it out to Sebring at the end of the month if my schedule permits (damn business moves!). Going to try not to get too crazy with the mods, but don't know how long that will last.

· Premium Member
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just can't outgrow the ugly, Wes. Sorry, brother. :dunno:
It's a blast to drive, so I guess you could say "she's pretty on the inside"

beautiful car wes, my friend is picking up an E60 M5 and i just drove one today, gotta love M cars!
Yeah this is my 3rd M car, and have 3 BMWs in the garage now. They handle great, all feel like they could use a little extra power on the street, but at the track they defiantly hold their own. I'll likely get a E60 in the future when I've got a family , but don't plan on having kids quite yet so figure I ought to get a coupe while I can.

· Banned
5,010 Posts
It's a blast to drive, so I guess you could say "she's pretty on the inside"

Yeah this is my 3rd M car, and have 3 BMWs in the garage now. They handle great, all feel like they could use a little extra power on the street, but at the track they defiantly hold their own. I'll likely get a E60 in the future when I've got a family , but don't plan on having kids quite yet so figure I ought to get a coupe while I can.
my exact feeling. i'll be addressing the power issue shortly now that i have my own shop, it should be a perfect daily once it has another ~150rwhp.

· Who's the Master?!
6,272 Posts
Sweet! I really like the look of the Z4M much more than the previous M coupe. The Z4M looks great lowered over some nice 19s. The Alpine over Imola is a GREAT combination. Have fun with that, Wes!

· A Dog who can Computer
2,703 Posts
looks hot. Alpine white/Imola red is one of my favorite combos for Ms.

· Aspiring viking
3,013 Posts
I was just looking at the Z4 Coupes the other day. Is this one a 6-speed, Wes?

I agree that they are significantly better looking than the last generation - I think, in large part, due to the angle of the rear roofline.

Other than the wheels, is there anything done to it?

· Premium Member
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just looking at the Z4 Coupes the other day. Is this one a 6-speed, Wes?

I agree that they are significantly better looking than the last generation - I think, in large part, due to the angle of the rear roofline.

Other than the wheels, is there anything done to it?
M Coupes = 6spd.

I addressed a few things when I got it. Fortunately the suspension was already handled as it definitely needs some coilovers. The factory/clutch driveilne leaves a bit to be desired however I removed the ClutchDelayValve and added a short shifter and clutch stop, as well as weighted shift knob. Car now runs and drives like it's supposed to. I also added the exhaust as the factory one is way to quiet for my tastes. Only things I really have left to do to the car is a set of headers and an appropriate tune which is worth 20-30hp, most of which is up top and great for the track. I did this to Jess's M3 and it made a world of difference. I've also got a spare set of sidemarkers front and rear on the way so that I can have them colormatched white and get rid of those eye-sores.

I found a set of E92 M3 18's complete with TPMS and a nice set of PS2s on them that I'm going to burn up at the track first, then probably use those wheels for R Compounds. Not a super light solution like getting a set of SSR's or volks, but about 1/4 the price once you include tires, perfect for DE's.

I haven't kept up with all the new M's this isn't a V8 like the M3 is it? whats the engine? Loved the old M coupe "shoe".
The new E92 M3s have a V8, Nero has one and it drives very nice but is a big heavy compared to previous generations. I have a pretty sick Z3M, however sold it to get something more practical and have regretted it ever since., I wasn't into tracking as much then but the car was setup perfect for it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.