Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious guys, what the best way to launch the supra, i've search but cant find anything, anyways what the best say to get a better launch from the line instead of waiting for the turbo to spool up any ideas?

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I just did a search and found old threads in the drag racing section.

If you still cant find it, I believe MKIV.com has a writeup on how to drag/launch at the track.

·
11,221 Posts
Rev it up to whatever rpm you can launch without the wheels spinning like crazy, which in my case is around 4300. So I rev it to about 4300 and let the clutch enough so it's almost engaging. Then I just drop it and let it rip.

I just recently bought a 2-step. That sucker will build boost before you even launch. I can only build about 2psi though, but it's better than launching in vacuum.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
step 1 - post in the right section.
step 2 - read up at www.mkiv.com (which is what you would be told in the right forum!!
that's the 2-step program!:D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question i heard that double clutching from a take of in a TT will speed up your take off . will it hurt the car?

·
11,221 Posts
marc2567 said:
Question i heard that double clutching from a take of in a TT will speed up your take off . will it hurt the car?
How the fuck you double clutch from a dig? What's up with this f&f shit going here. I thought it would die out by now...

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
michaelvanle said:
How the fuck you double clutch from a dig? What's up with this f&f shit going here. I thought it would die out by now...
I agree LOL :D These F&F kids crack me up! I would love for him to chime back in and explain how the hell you would double clutch the car off the line?! At least threads like this not only waste our bandwith, but also make us laugh at the same time...

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Dan94TT said:
I agree LOL :D These F&F kids crack me up! I would love for him to chime back in and explain how the hell you would double clutch the car off the line?! At least threads like this not only waste our bandwith, but also make us laugh at the same time...
I was the 1st person to post and I already said he should have searched better!

I figured it would have been :locked: ... just like the other thread ... auto to 6sp costs? It's been discussed to death already...

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Jaxx said:
if your auto, brake boost.....or double clutch, that actually works better :rolleyes:
Then I recommend triple clutching, especially on the auto...........:rolleyes: :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.