Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may sound a little stupid, bu I need to learn the basic launching techniques of a RWD car. After mainly driving an AWD 3K, it is signifigantly different when launching. Any tips and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What kind of 60' times should I be shooting for with a BPU Supra?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, it's a BPU 6spd. Its got some small ass 245's on the rear.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Darkgrey3K said:
Yup, it's a BPU 6spd. Its got some small ass 245's on the rear.
That is smaller than stock.

I'll sell you a set of stock sized Goodyear Eagle GS-Cs if ya want? :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had my Nitto Drag Radials 555R's on, I did a little burn out and raised my RPM to about 5200. (I'm gonna try even higher next time cuz I still didn't shoot out like a bat outta hell). My tires would grab, but then either I let the clutch out way too fast or what but then the entire car would slow down. Wait for the light and at green (last yellow) you let out the clutch slowly...... (my clutch is the ACT street clutch which is pretty stiff until you get used to it). My best 60' time so far is 2.0 , that's launching at about 5200 RPM, but I'm hoping to get better. But be careful, don't rev too high, or else you might break your drive (something) axle something. Don't rev too high. YOu know, cuz all the TORQUE! I've seen front wheel drives but cuz of revving way too high and running with slicks. It sucks.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Just make sure you launch about or above 4,000 rpm because if you don't you will bog the motor off the line which will in turn produce a slow 1/4 mile ET.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts