Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys -

I have been driving my new Supra for the last week after doing some upgrades and other appearance type stuff. I have never driven an automatic Supra before buying this car, and to be honest I have no idea how to launch this thing once I get some sticky tires and take it to the track.

Here is my mods:

BL67, BL fuel, Marko stage 2 trans, PI 3200 stall single disk convertor. I plan to make some pump gas runs @ 18psi then if the car is tuned I will run 28psi with c16 in it. Any input on how to launch this thing and what you guys think it will run would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
burn out, pull up , stage and get on the brakes hard, bring the rpms up to where the car spins alittle or pushes the front tires, then let off a few rpms and take note of the rpms, green light let off the brake and stab the gas.

·
Registered
856 Posts
dont hold it to were it almost spins then let off a little bit cause all its going to do is put the rear tires in smoke. You have a 3200 stall take it to about 3000-3100 and then when then last yellow goes out hit it.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Sr2003 said:
and unless you have slicks dont do a burn out cause when you heat up street tires its only worse.
myth

also, hes gonna be on slicks, he doesnt have to worry much about spinning the tires. Stall the car as high as it will go, espeacially on pump gas.

·
Registered
256 Posts
what kind of 60ft do u guys think he can pull off with his set-up?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ah-see said:
is that because the stall only goes to 3200? I'm only asking because I'm getting a 67 put on right now and only have a 3400 rpm stall. how about spraying off the line.? I have a 75 shot. Is it really bad to spray out the hole and if u do spray, when do you activate the nitrous? Sorry for all the q's but any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Pull your ebrake. You wont be able to build up as much boost without it. The car will push through you footbraking it alone. I have the same turbo but I have a 3800 stall. I avg 1.5-1.6 60 fts. If I can fix my timing issue I think I can cut 1.4's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts