Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how are you guys comming off the line with your 6 spd.....i went single recently and im wondering if its gonna be different with the increased lag factor? (70 mm turbo) (6 puck sprung clutch) come off like 4000 slip and dump? im used to launching mustangs that dont have lag

·
Registered
970 Posts
I agree...4000 is a bit low. I would set the two steup up somewhere around 5500 if not a little more and then come out of the hole like a bat out of hell :)

Brett

·
Registered
521 Posts
TheMadSupra said:
I agree...4000 is a bit low. I would set the two steup up somewhere around 5500 if not a little more and then come out of the hole like a bat out of hell :)

Brett
After swap to APU i noticed that 4000 is very very low. I have Exedy clutch and this setup APU + lightened fly wheel is not able to launch at 4000RPM. Everytime i tried it motor dies very quickly! You need to hold clutch slipping at around 5500RPM or more and wait for boost build and then you can go from teh pedal and than quickly to second gear................

·
Registered
970 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
That is still ok. If you still would like to come off the line using a two-step you can purchase the phillip long two step. Its a seperate unit/box that is only a few hundred dollars that allows you to make use of a two step.

If you dont do that, the only other thing I can say is to try to come off the line aruond 5500. The two steps make it much easier in my opinion.

Brett

·
Registered
907 Posts
what about with my setup....60-1, stock fuel, et streets on rx7 rims, and a phillip long 2 step. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
875 Posts
TheMadSupra said:
That is still ok. If you still would like to come off the line using a two-step you can purchase the phillip long two step. Its a seperate unit/box that is only a few hundred dollars that allows you to make use of a two step.

If you dont do that, the only other thing I can say is to try to come off the line aruond 5500. The two steps make it much easier in my opinion.

Brett
anyone know where to buy a phillip long two step?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah I agree! One thing to note is, don't pratice with 5500rpm two step from a stop light! I tried that the other day and my tires just broke free and I bounced off the rev limiter really hard!! On a sticky track I am sure that set-up will hook up with a good slip of the clutch. Good luck.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seems like some heavy duty abuse.....how long will the rps 6 puck sprung hub stand up to this?....im not really building the car for drag specifically but i want to get some good times without breaking anything.....

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
550orM5 said:
Yeah I agree! One thing to note is, don't pratice with 5500rpm two step from a stop light! I tried that the other day and my tires just broke free and I bounced off the rev limiter really hard!! On a sticky track I am sure that set-up will hook up with a good slip of the clutch. Good luck.

The people next to you at the light were probably like

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Titan motorsports

1 - 20 of 34 Posts