Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I launch or do a burn out my car (MKIV 97TT Manual) wants to turn/drift slightly to the left. Anyone have this same issue? What can I do to correct this?

Also, my MKIV leans a little to the left. What I mean is if I measure the distance of the tire to the fenders, there is a difference of 1/2" more on the passenger side then there is on the drive side... Could this be the cause?

·
Registered
386 Posts
my car does the samething but it is due to alignment issues, in your case it sounds like your drivers side (left side) shocks might be more worn than the passenger side (right side) so your car leans and drifts.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
It is usually from the motor torque that pushes the car driver's side direction.

The best way I've heard to launch straight is the TRD rear diff.

Adam

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
good question. i have the same problem. when i launch and it slides to the left i feel i might get too close to the car next to me :werd: i think a TRD LSD will solve that :bigthumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Adrocktt said:
It is usually from the motor torque that pushes the car driver's side direction.

The best way I've heard to launch straight is the TRD rear diff.

Adam

yeah, what he said. trd diff= straight.stock torsen = every way but straight

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
TRD diff and diff mounts helped this for me quite a bit. Also check your tire presures as if one is low this could cause some movement as well.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I've got titan solid diff mounts on a non-trd diff. No problems at all launching straight.

Do the easy stuff first before dumping big money... alignment, new rear shocks, and solid diff mounts

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
A lot of older Supras (100k+ miles) have problems with the driver's side sitting lower than the passenger side. I had to get coilovers to cure the problem as have others on the board. I would imagine new suspension bushings would fix this.

Steve K.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car has 33K miles, I'm going to check the bushing then go with a solid mount, at least as a start. Thanks guys, I now have a starting point and know where to go from here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts