Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 624 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lexus LF-LC Rumored as Name of New Concept, Previewing Luxury Coupe

In the run-up to the Detroit Auto Show this January, Lexus has teased a new concept car twice, first showing an aggressive exterior, and then a futuristic interior. Now comes word that the vehicle in question may wear the “LF-LC” badge when it is fully uncovered.

That code says almost all of what we need to know about the car, starting with the LF, which stands for Lexus Future, signifying it is in fact a concept. Next is the second L, which if you take a look at other L models in the Lexus lineup, is a sign that this is a true luxury machine – take the Lexus LS for example.

Finally there’s the C, which is a strong indication that this concept car is a coupe (or perhaps even a convertible).
That said, the LF-LC is likely a concept car aimed at showing the next generation Lexus SC. Of note, there’s no “h” used in the nomenclature, suggesting this model won’t be a hybrid – an unusual move for the luxury brand.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/tag/lexus-lf-lc

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Next Gen Lexus SC?

Is this the next Lexus SC, and if it is could an MKV built on the same platform br far behind?

From Autoblog (more pics and a video can be found at the link below):

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/20/road-and-track-leaks-lexus-lf-lc-concept/

Road & Track leaks Lexus LF-Lc concept

We're still a couple weeks away from the Detroit Auto Show, but the Lexus LF-Lc concept has leaked thanks to the crew at Road & Track and their YouTube account.

We still don't know much about Lexus' Detroit-bound concept, but the swoopy coupe combines some of the more emotive elements of the LFA, along with the grille of the LF-Gh concept that eventually formed the basis of the Lexus GS. The massively elongated hood terminates with headlamps that plummet deep into the air intakes and a more extreme grille than that found on the Predator-esque fascia of the Gh.

With an "Lc" designation, this could signal Lexus' intention of building an LS-based coupe to take on the likes of the Mercedes-Benz SL, but until the official curtains are pulled in Detroit, we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, check out the video after the jump for the unintentional early reveal. As long as it stays on YouTube...

·
10,115 Posts
Toyota is on a roll. Gotta believe if that's the new SC, a MKV Supra cannot be far behind. My tuner, SP Engineering, tells me a new Supra is guaranteed. The source was a Toyota employee who delivered an FR-S body in white to GReddy USA more than one-year ago....

Ken.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Toyota is on a roll. Gotta believe if that's the new SC, a MKV Supra cannot be far behind. My tuner, SP Engineering, tells me a new Supra is guaranteed. The source was a Toyota employee who delivered an FR-S body in white to GReddy USA more than one-year ago....

Ken.
Lets hope that Toyota employee is right!

While I'm dreaming how cool would it be if a Toyota version of the car above had a loooong hood like that concept car with a TT 4.0+ Liter Inline 6:agreed:

Sadly that's extremely unlikely as such an engine wouldn't make packaging sense for any other cars. But I can dream:)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The concept looks stunning and yet not too polarizing. The long hood relative to the bodywork reminds me of the McClaren SLR, which was one of my favs. because of its Batmobile proportions.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
I would LOVE for the SC to return, especially if it is more 1st gen-like then 2nd gen-like. But I really do hope that it does NOT look like that!

What's up with all these Lexus concepts grill/fascia looking like Imperfect Cell from Dragonball Z?

I didn't like it on the LF-Gh concept

and not really fond of it on this either, even though it looks slightly better on here than the LF-Gh.

The rest of the car looks pretty good. I'm sure they will tone that front down like they did the production 2013 GS so that will be good.
The long hood relative to the bodywork reminds me of the McClaren SLR, which was one of my favs. because of its Batmobile proportions.
I agree, I do like the overall proportions of the car.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
That looks amazing. Lexus is definitely on a roll. Next year is gonna be huge with the redesign of all their sedans too.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Saw this on the blog last night... Very very promising!! If they do make a sports car then I'll be first in line!!

·
Money Power Respect
1,008 Posts
I called it a while ago that they will be making something to target the SL. Now I just hope I was right in saying that it would offer GTR or near GTR level performance as well. Looks like a Corvette competitor MKV could be on the way if they make an SL like competitor with this concept. Props to Toyota for starting to come back to making interesting/fun cars.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Their style department has to be on LSD. The front ends look like they want to emulate Audi, but with some edgy lines. It looks out of place and too busy.

·
ಠ____ರೃ
7,335 Posts
Negative Nancy chiming in here...

No point in even commenting on that car. It's obviously so astronomically far from what would ever hit a showroom that I have no idea whether I'll like it or not.

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
We Hear: New Toyota Supra in Pipeline, Coming with 400-HP Hybrid

Is this the next Lexus SC, and if it is could an MKV built on the same platform br far behind?
I found this article and posted it in the FT-HS thread.

According to our man in Japan Peter Lyon, Toyota R&D is working on a Supra successor that is being tested with a 3.5-liter V-6 hybrid system generating over 400 hp. Rumored to be wearing a design close to the FT-HS concept’s body (pictured below) revealed at the 2007 Detroit show, the rear-drive coupe is expected to target the Nissan GT-R in terms of performance and price.

But our insider tells us that Toyota bean counters “are not too pushing to get this car out quickly,” and are waiting to see how the GT86 goes. If it gets the go-ahead, we won’t see it until 2015.

In contrast, Toyota engineers ARE putting more effort into readying a test mule of the MR-S based 4WD GRMN coupe boasting the same Lexus GS sourced 3.5-liter hybrid system. If this project gets the green light, we can expect to see it in showrooms by late 2014.

However, there seems to be one issue for Toyota product planners. They are in the final developmental stages of a Lexus IS coupe that will be powered by the same powertrain, a fact that creates a differentiation problem for Toyota.
http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-new-toyota-supra-in-pipeline-coming-with-400-hp-hybrid-145159.html#ixzz1gLyAN6pP

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?407819-Toyota-FT-HS-Concept-The-New-SUPRA/page5

1 - 20 of 624 Posts
About this Discussion
623 Replies
127 Participants
KenHenderson
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing