·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Subscribed....

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
Press Release

Lexus to Unveil Sport Coupe Concept Vehicle at North American International Auto Show in Detroit

TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 21, 2011 – Taking the new Lexus design direction one step further, the LF-LC 2+2 sport coupe will be unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit at 1:25 p.m. Eastern time on January 9, 2012.

"Crafted from a clean sheet of paper at the request of Lexus headquarters in Japan, the LF-LC blends both high technology and organic shapes to connect the driver to the machine," said Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager. "The clean lines of the vehicle emphasize motion, creating a distinctive look for this futuristic sport coupe."

Conceived as a design exercise to explore the future of Lexus design, the LF-LC was created at the company's Calty design studio in Newport Beach, Calif.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
yeah... that's a lot of sexy right there. Call it what you want, that's the next SC.
Look at the above posted pictures of the FT-HS and compare it to the 86/FRS that actually came out, and that will give you an idea of just how much "the next SC" is bound to change before its ready for production.

·
Eli Porter deeed it
767 Posts
Is everyone turning a blind eye to the this crazy jagged front end they are leaning towards. Until they smooth that out, I will regard these cars a ugly. The red rendition of the car is nice but I didn't catch the front of it.

Secondly, since 1999, I have heard countless people say that have in the "inside news" and they are CERTAIN a MKV is coming. I wish I had written down all these people's name and followed up with them asking, "Ok, where the fuck is it then?"

·
Registered
524 Posts
price tag?

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Is everyone turning a blind eye to the this crazy jagged front end they are leaning towards. Until they smooth that out, I will regard these cars a ugly. The red rendition of the car is nice but I didn't catch the front of it.
I'm with you, I hate how edgy modern designs have become, and I hate how gaping slots are taking over front bumpers (LFA hood gap, 458 headlight gap, One-77 inlets, etc). Cars like the XK, the 911 and the Viper are the only ones keeping stylish curves alive. The SC300 was a fantastic-looking car, and I'd like something as sleek to return.

·
Eli Porter deeed it
767 Posts
I'm with you, I hate how edgy modern designs have become, and I hate how gaping slots are taking over front bumpers (LFA hood gap, 458 headlight gap, One-77 inlets, etc). Cars like the XK, the 911 and the Viper are the only ones keeping stylish curves alive. The SC300 was a fantastic-looking car, and I'd like something as sleek to return.
Oh man, that XK is pure sex. The XKR-S is (fill in with favorite ethnicity) with DD sex.

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
Look at the above posted pictures of the FT-HS and compare it to the 86/FRS that actually came out, and that will give you an idea of just how much "the next SC" is bound to change before its ready for production.
I don't think FT-HS and FT-86 are the same car. The two were design in different studios and have nothing in common.

·
Resident F1 Guru
2,782 Posts

What he v said;

I don't think FT-HS and FT-86 are the same car. The two were design in different studios and have nothing in common.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Overall I think the car looks great. If the front bumper isn't toned down it can be fixed through aftermarket pieces. It would also be great if Toyota brought the inline 6 turbo back for the new Supra. BMW and Mercedes (soon) have a turbo inline 6 that will pass US (California :biggrin:) regulations

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
This.
I've been saying how I'm geting annoyed a the trapezoidal gaping hole for a front end.

·
4,934 Posts
That body style better change, I think it looks like crap. Nothing like the MKIV, too boxy and...weird. I can't put my finger on it, either.

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
656 Posts
I think it looks very promising. Looks like LF-A design and technology is starting to trickle down to more of their future models.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Its a concept. Chill out. Hope they produce something along these lines though. Hood looks long, but the photos distort it. Do it Lexus.

21 - 40 of 634 Posts