Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 634 Posts

·
stop playin wit mah name
1,932 Posts
Looks very Supra-ish from what I see. Nice wide rear fenders, long nose, and a short tail.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
So we will expect this car is 2022? jk, i just had to say that :)

The car looks great, it is a little unpolished but i am sure they will change it before it hits the market. I am not too excited about a Supra hybrid or not that makes 400hp, 80hp more in 2013 lets say, than the car is replacing from 20 yrs ago! When the supra came out it bitch slapped everybody. From the NSX, VR4, 300ZXTT, and even European sports cars. 400hp in 2013 is a fucking soccer mom car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Interesting concept, but like all concepts it is just a design exercise and will be subject to many more changes. What will be more revealing about the future direction of this car for Lexus, will be the purpose and goals of this car, once they actually debut the concept car.

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
I don't see why LF-LC won't become a production car, most Lexus concept cars have went into production.

LF-A/LF-AR = LFA
LF-S = Lexus GS 3rd Gen
LF-C = Lexus IS C
LF-Ch = Lexus CT
LF-Gh = Lexus GS 4th Gen
LF-Sh = Lexus LS 4th Gen
LF-Xh/LF-X = Lexus RX 3rd Gen

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Everything looks great!!!... except the front end glory hole that is the grill. How original, a gigantic morphed trapezoidal front end. NEVER been done... AND looks great..

Oh wait.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
400hp in 2013 is a fucking soccer mom car.
How awesome is it that we can actually say that now? How spoiled are we, and I love it.

High HP is expected from consumers just like watching HD TV.

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
What he v said;
TY,

FT-HS was design in by Calty Design Studio (US) and was power by the GS' hybrid drivetrain. FT-86 was styled by Toyota Europe Design Development (ED²) and is joint project by Toyota/Subaru that uses a shortened Subaru Impreza chassis and boxer engine.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Dear Toyota:

Please give us interesting, rwd, sporting cars rather than the typical fare you have been providing us since the demise of the MKIV Supra in the U.S.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at SFOC

Dear Friends at SFOC

In response to your request, Toyota has delivered the LFA. What's that you say? It's too expensive; not fast enough; looks like a Celica; took too long to come to market; production is too limited.

Okay, I understand. To make up for the LFA, I give you the FR-S, the anti-LFA!! Argh, some of you say it's too cheap; it's not exclusive enough; it's called a Scion... don't want to be associated with Scion owners. It's too expensive; $25K is far too much for this car; doesn't have enough power; interior is cheap looking; the BRZ is MUCH better looking; the BRZ interior is MUCH higher quality; $22K is okay; $24K is far too expensive. No turbo, no care. It's not a straightline monster. It's too slow. The car is fugly. Wheels are fugly.

Okay, okay, I really get it this time. We've been working on this new rwd, sports coupe concept. We're calling it the LF-LC for now. We're REALLY excited about the potential of this concept. I hope you guys like it. Even though my car guys inside the company are working hard to deliver the types of cars SFOC enthusiats say they want, I must admit they are a bit disappointed in the reaction to their efforts so far. Hopefully, that will change over time as the SFOC troopers get a chance to experience some of these vehicles.

Sincerely,

Akio (I refuse to be dazed and confused) Toyoda
Chief Executive Officer
Toyota Motor Corporation

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Dear Toyota:

Please give us interesting, rwd, sporting cars rather than the typical fare you have been providing us since the demise of the MKIV Supra in the U.S.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at SFOC

Dear Friends at SFOC

In response to your request, Toyota has delivered the LFA. What's that you say? It's too expensive; not fast enough; looks like a Celica; took too long to come to market; production is too limited.

Okay, I understand. To make up for the LFA, I give you the FR-S, the anti-LFA!! Argh, some of you say it's too cheap; it's not exclusive enough; it's called a Scion... don't want to be associated with Scion owners. It's too expensive; $25K is far too much for this car; doesn't have enough power; interior is cheap looking; the BRZ is MUCH better looking; the BRZ interior is MUCH higher quality; $22K is okay; $24K is far too expensive. No turbo, no care. It's not a straightline monster. It's too slow. The car is fugly. Wheels are fugly.

Okay, okay, I really get it this time. We've been working on this new rwd, sports coupe concept. We're calling it the LF-LC for now. We're REALLY excited about the potential of this concept. I hope you guys like it. Even though my car guys inside the company are working hard to deliver the types of cars SFOC enthusiats say they want, I must admit they are a bit disappointed in the reaction to their efforts so far. Hopefully, that will change over time as the SFOC troopers get a chance to experience some of these vehicles.

Sincerely,

Akio (I refuse to be dazed and confused) Toyoda
Chief Executive Officer
Toyota Motor Corporation
:lol::lol::lol:

Excellent post! I'm dying over here!:lol:

You should have added
"Dear Toyota:

Please give us a Lexus GS with a V-8 option, or a true GS-F to compete with M5's, CTS-V's, and AMG E63's."

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
How awesome is it that we can actually say that now? How spoiled are we, and I love it.

High HP is expected from consumers just like watching HD TV.
:lol:
Yeah I found this out in my Camaro ZL1 thread. When folks complained that the base V-6 Mustang with 305hp and the base V-6 Camaro with 323 hp is not enough! You gotta love the times we live in!:D

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Seriously Mr. Ken, what the hell do we want here? I bet you a $1000 dollars that if Toyota called the LF-LC a Supra we'd be all over it's nuts.

I think the car is georgeous, and if you see where Toyota has been going in their strategic new releases of lineups, it's actually quit forward thinking and beyond the traditional Toyota standard fare.

·
I <3 Jesus
4,249 Posts
Motortrend called this last year.

New SC Also in Pipeline

The other star attraction in the upcoming Lexus lineup will be the next generation SC 600h, which is due to be unveiled in mid-2014. While the current SC is scheduled to go out of production in July of this year, the new SC coupe will resurface powered by a 5.0-liter V-8 hybrid system that drives the rear wheels. Set to lock horns with the Mercedes SL, the new luxury two-door is also expected to employ the GS’s rear-wheel torque split unit.
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fu...oyota_future_car_plan/lexus_hybrid_plans.html

This was back in 08

Toyota Cancels 2011 Lexus SC

Lexus LF-A-based 2011 Lexus SC has been canned. Additionally, it looks like the 2011 Toyota Avalon may meet the same fate, replaced instead with a long-wheelbase 2012 Toyota Camry.

Originally, Lexus's plan was to develop a new SC based on the LF-A, but softened-up a bit for the colostomy-bag crowd at which the current model is targeted. However, sales of the so-ugly-it-hurts $67,120 hardtop convertible dropped 40% during the first half of 2008, necessitating a total rethink. We guess the market for a 288 HP 16-mpg city, non-performance luxury convertible isn't as big as was once thought.
http://jalopnik.com/398472/toyota-cancels-2011-lexus-sc-considers-ditching-2011-avalon-too

Old news but it did stated that a new SC would be based on the LFA design. Also we know that the Avalon was not killed off so it seems "project SC" is still a go.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
^^As Rick James used to sing, "Give to me, baby!" Akio is making it happen.

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
The exterior has tons of potential, though I'm not sure about the silver-lined black grille and the headlight/air inlet combos. Might need to be seen in person to be appreciated, some stuff like that doesn't photograph well.

The hybrid driveline, though, has me scared to death. I've ridden in an LS600h and driven a CT200h and neither one was anywhere near what I'd call 'sporty'. I'm just not sold on a Hybrid driveline technology being anywhere near 'sporty' in their power delivery, or as enjoyable to drive as a sports car should be.

I suppose we can only hope that something like the IS-F's V8 with a 50hp increase might be an option instead of the hybrid driveline.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Jeff, both those cars have the sporty feeling purposely taken out of them. I'm confident that a hybrid driveline can provide an equally engaging driving experience if "tuned" to do so. What could possible be wrong with a car making 450hp with 75-100hp added via electric motors when stomped on? I imagine it'd feel like you added a supercharger in regards to the linearity of the power delivery, or cold be "tuned" to feel like a turbo by rolling the output out sharply, or anything in between. I still don't prefer it over a normal high HP engine only because of the added weight which requires even more power to offset.

Alex

·
Eli Porter deeed it
767 Posts
Both of you local cats, I will take you in my 450h and let you drive and see if its of your liking. I understand your reluctance Jeff but there is a lot to be said for that instant torque the electric engine gives. It helps us through this elevation as well.

41 - 60 of 634 Posts