Supra Forums banner

621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
JetFire
5,329 Posts
With the obvious disappointment by many here with the Toyota/BMW coupe who here would consider the LC-F assuming it will happen along with it being a R35 competitor making at least 600 HP. My guess is pricing would be at least $150K, would it be the worthy MKIV successor many hoped for considering it would be 3 times the price of the Toyota/BMW coupe.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Yes, but let's be real that not too many MKIV enthusiasts are going to pay $150k to $180k for one. It will be competing in an interesting field at that price point, which leads me to believe it may not exactly be setting any sales records (Acura's latest NSX comes to mind).

·
Registered
818 Posts
I am excited to see what Lexus unveils with the LC-F, but as Steve said, I doubt many would be cross shopping the two. I think the MKV will be a pretty solid car once the aftermarket gets a hold of it. My only issues with the LC500 currently are its weight (not a deal breaker) and the transmission. A lot of people are disappointed with the odd gearing and some people are having issues with it slipping if driven hard on a daily basis. I'm planning on picking up a used LC500 once i sell one of my Supras

·
Super Moderator
10,368 Posts
I would be in the market for an LC-F. A good friend, who is a General Sales Manager at a Lexus store, has made inquiries on my behalf and forwarded my thoughts regarding the performance/dollar quotient I believe is the underlying weakness of some, though not all "F" cars. I also told him 600 bhp would be the price of entry for a $150k car and that number was moving ever upwards, especially if the anticipated weight reduction program is not particularly ambitious.

I also used a couple RC-F Track Edition examples to make my points about pricing and power.

Ken.

·
Resident F1 Guru
2,780 Posts
I would be in the market for an LC-F. A good friend, who is a General Sales Manager at a Lexus store, has made inquiries on my behalf and forwarded my thoughts regarding the performance/dollar quotient I believe is the underlying weakness of some, though not all "F" cars. I also told him 600 bhp would be the price of entry for a $150k car and that number was moving ever upwards, especially if the anticipated weight reduction program is not particularly ambitious.

I also used a couple RC-F Track Edition examples to make my points about pricing and power.

Ken.
Interesting tidbit

In 2020, the team [TGR at the Nurburgring 24hrs] will use what it has learnt through these hard experiences and aim to complete the race without any trouble by adopting a variety of new technologies, including a newly-developed V8 twin-turbo engine destined for use on future road cars such as sports cars. TOYOTA GAZOO Racing will conduct activities to "refine people and refine cars" in pursuit of “making ever-better cars.”

·
Super Moderator
10,368 Posts
Many thanks, my friend. This is the first seemingly reliable information on the LC-F I've come across. It's interesting that the 4L twin-turbo V8 is slated for other cars as well. I have always advocated that Lexus take the AMG approach; that is to say the same AMG motor being installed in C, E and S-Class cars (also aspirated and forced induction versions of the same motor). Maybe, just maybe this is the beginning of a similar approach Lexus will employ.

I had almost given up on the possibility of an LC-F and had begun to look at the upcoming 2021 Audi RS 6 Avant even though I swore I would never go German again. That car, though, has me really excited: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a29953858/audi-rs6-first-drive/

Ken.

·
Boost Junkie
12,458 Posts
It would be sweet if they would stuff that motor into the LS-F (instead of the F-Sport Edition) and make the top of the line sedan more competitive with the German brands. I am looking into a new sedan and the LS is probably my choice just because I need something comfortable for road trips with the family that isn't too small (GSF is sort of small).

Steve

·
Super Moderator
10,368 Posts
It would be sweet if they would stuff that motor into the LS-F (instead of the F-Sport Edition) and make the top of the line sedan more competitive with the German brands. I am looking into a new sedan and the LS is probably my choice just because I need something comfortable for road trips with the family that isn't too small (GSF is sort of small).

Steve
Agree completely, Steve. I am hoping the statement below includes putting that 4L twin-turbo V8 into an LS-F:

"In 2020, the team will use what it has learnt through these hard experiences and aim to complete the race without any trouble by adopting a variety of new technologies*2, including a newly-developed V8 twin-turbo engine destined for use on future road cars such as sports cars. "

If Lexus does that, and the price is not absolutely through the roof, I could see myself getting an LS-F over an LC-F, as I don't need another car with two doors. I just turned 69 eleven days ago, so I'm hoping this comes about while I'm still on the right side of the grass.

Ken.

621 - 628 of 628 Posts