Supra Forums banner

621 - 624 of 624 Posts

·
JetFire
5,193 Posts
With the obvious disappointment by many here with the Toyota/BMW coupe who here would consider the LC-F assuming it will happen along with it being a R35 competitor making at least 600 HP. My guess is pricing would be at least $150K, would it be the worthy MKIV successor many hoped for considering it would be 3 times the price of the Toyota/BMW coupe.

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts
Yes, but let's be real that not too many MKIV enthusiasts are going to pay $150k to $180k for one. It will be competing in an interesting field at that price point, which leads me to believe it may not exactly be setting any sales records (Acura's latest NSX comes to mind).

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am excited to see what Lexus unveils with the LC-F, but as Steve said, I doubt many would be cross shopping the two. I think the MKV will be a pretty solid car once the aftermarket gets a hold of it. My only issues with the LC500 currently are its weight (not a deal breaker) and the transmission. A lot of people are disappointed with the odd gearing and some people are having issues with it slipping if driven hard on a daily basis. I'm planning on picking up a used LC500 once i sell one of my Supras

·
10,114 Posts
I would be in the market for an LC-F. A good friend, who is a General Sales Manager at a Lexus store, has made inquiries on my behalf and forwarded my thoughts regarding the performance/dollar quotient I believe is the underlying weakness of some, though not all "F" cars. I also told him 600 bhp would be the price of entry for a $150k car and that number was moving ever upwards, especially if the anticipated weight reduction program is not particularly ambitious.

I also used a couple RC-F Track Edition examples to make my points about pricing and power.

Ken.

621 - 624 of 624 Posts
About this Discussion
623 Replies
127 Participants
KenHenderson
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing