Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALright I got a problem I got a 1990 surpa turbo targa and when it rains my car gets soaked in the inside . where the targa meets in the corner the rain comes in a drips constantly.... does anyone know where i can buy the replacement whether stripping and the targa seals and anything else i need.

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
champion jay marks toyota is a forum sponser you can buy the seals from them and next time you have more than 1 question try and combine them into 1 thread it makes it easier for everybody to help you in 1 shot :)

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
I got brand new seals from toyota, had them installed, it still leaks. Along with my back hatch. My friend has a 91 that does the same thing. Not to hijack, but i would like to hear some other suggestions other than getting new seals. It might help out the thread starter too.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
you have to install the weather stripping and the drip rail properly

water gets betweent he drip rail and the targa, leaks into the interior trim and pools there. You hit your brakes, you get a wet lap.

back hatch leaking might not be what you think, could be the taillight seals, the tailights themselves, or even the glass...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
you have to remove it from your targa, and re-seal it. More than likely when you disassemble everything you'll tear the weather stripping, so replace it.

mine leaks and I just haven't gotten aroudn to fixing it yet (previous owner tried, and tore the hell outta the seal I found out...)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine if it is raining out it constantly drips from the corner and long the window and by the time im done driving im soaked.....I went and watched a movie and i came back i sat down and the whole seat was filled with water....it sucks

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
lol mine drips down threw the dome lights right onto the consol yet if you take the lights out while its dripping and put your hand inside where it should be coming from its completely dry....

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Mine if it is raining out it constantly drips from the corner and long the window and by the time im done driving im soaked.....I went and watched a movie and i came back i sat down and the whole seat was filled with water....it sucks
weatherstripping is just worn and shrunken over time, replace em...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts