Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen a failure where the coolant temp sensor allows coolant to pass from the sensor into the connector housing causing a short which in turn causes intermittent/constant misfire problems? I helped another member with his car on a couple different occasions chasing a misfire that appeared once the car warmed up. The entire car was gone through and multiple sensors were changed/etc and the problem still existed. I started troubleshooting through the manual and everything pointed to the coolant temp sensor. I unplugged it and saw what I thought was coolant as it was wet inside. We took the sensor out and I inspected it and honestly cannot find anything physically wrong with it. I cleaned the sensor and connector with contact cleaner and reinstalled it. The car ran perfectly for a few minutes and the misfire started to come back. We shut the car down and I unplugged the sensor and once again it was wet with what I verified was coolant for sure. I didnt bring another sensor with me but im sending him another one tomorrow and hopefully the car will be boosting once again.....its been way too long! Just looking to see if anyone else has ran into this issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts