Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my turbos are leaking cause there is oil in the intercooler piping. I'm not getting any smoke out of the rear but I am loosing oil. I still boost to 19 psi though. Is this an idication of tubos on their way out? Also, is it bad to continue running the car with leaking turbos as far as the engine is concerned since oil is getting into the cylinders and intercooler?

C

·
0 Posts
Good question, mine does it too but I think there is no real concern for your engine except for you to monitor your oil! I have the same problem and its been like this for 3 months and I still get hard pulls around 19-20psi!

Do you have puffs of smoke come out after switching gears in WOT (only after switching in high boost)? I do and its getting annoying!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chester, i'm not really sure but my friends say they don't see any smoke. I do get flames coming out in 5th gear WOT. My other friend has a 300zx tt and his turbos are going too. He gets alot of smoke in 4th gear at WOT. Why is this annoying for you? You won't be affected by it since its behind you right?

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
oil in the IC pipe is normal unless u have a catch can. The PCV system is designed to put some blow by oil back in the system instead of dumping it to atmosphere which would make u fail emissions. Get a catch can or breather filter and call it a day. Unless you are seeing blue smoke when u let off then it isn't your turbo seals. Blue smoke at startup then it might be your pcv or stem seals. Replace the PCV when u are doing the catch can too.

sid

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
chester said:
Good question, mine does it too but I think there is no real concern for your engine except for you to monitor your oil! I have the same problem and its been like this for 3 months and I still get hard pulls around 19-20psi!

Do you have puffs of smoke come out after switching gears in WOT (only after switching in high boost)? I do and its getting annoying!
Mine does the same...

Mine used to blow shit all the time under WOT but since I put the VPC and SFC on (both untuned) it just does it when shifting....*shrug*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts