Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an incident with a 30mph speed limit sign... the car won for the most part lol, but now, 3 weeks later... I finally put a new trans cooler on the car so I could start it, and it started perfect, idled perfect... took her for a test drive down my road... no problems... took it to redline in 2nd gear, fried tires and AFRs were good at 18psi... but when in neutral, and I free rev it... it hits a lean spot right at 1800rpms, never did this pre-sign hitting... I've reset the ecu a few times, looked everything over, and can't find the source of my dilemma...

What sensors, or perhaps which wires on the MAP-ECU, if grounding out, or became disconnected, would cause this problem... Because it's fuckin frustrating as hell, since it drives fine, and still hauls ass fine!!! I didn't even notice the lean spot while driving, perhaps because of the stall converter flashing past it so quickly... idk

Any ideas for where I should be looking would be stellar!!!

~ Justin

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I don't really get why you think you have a problem. When you free rev in neutral with no load on the motor, you should be running a pretty lean a/f.

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's lean past 20:1, the wideband simply reads LEAN, and takes about a full second to rev past 1800... That's why I think it's too lean lol, it wasn't doing this shit 3-4 weeks ago... so WTF

·
Registered
872 Posts
does it do that when you slowly rev past 1800rpm in neutral?or quick rev?
what is your enrichment setting for 1000 and 2000rpm?

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh I found the culprit... turns out when I got arrested and they searched/towed my car, they must have fucked around under the passenger seat looking for shit, but in turn just got a few wires in the map ecu harness caught in the seat rail, so a few were frayed and touching... she's all good now!

Thanks for the help though!

~ Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.