Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
3,500 Posts
@FasTTurbo ....So what is it Oh Supra Master All MIGHTY !?! LOL
If you see WTB ads they almost ALWAYS list RR as one they don't want.
I for one have TWO RR Supras and I've changed the color on them both
due to the sheer number of them that color.

I loved it....but having so many RR's at meets sucked !!! LOL

B

·
Administrator
8,697 Posts
@FasTTurbo ....So what is it Oh Supra Master All MIGHTY !?! LOL
If you see WTB ads they almost ALWAYS list RR as one they don't want.
I for one have TWO RR Supras and I've changed the color on them both
due to the sheer number of them that color.

I loved it....but having so many RR's at meets sucked !!! LOL

B
Haha, seriously how many supras let alone red supras do you see on a weekly basis? I see 1 or 2 supras a year where I live. Red got a bad rap for unknown reasons, it shows the car the best imo. Too many people get caught up in rarity of colors on these cars. I'm past that, I like every supra color to be honest just prefer red and dont care about what wtb ads are looking for, that's irrelevant and petty. Look for a good car first, if it happens to be a color you like great.

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
I beg to differ...

Like any car - black.
I beg to differ...

I'm gonna catch some smoke for this, but I fell that it HAS to be said. Anthracite, while extremely rare, is not a good color. Along with that you have Baltic Blue... Basically the only color for these cars that looks AWESOME in pics, but never fails to underwhelm in person.
I beg to differ...

Haha, seriously how many supras let alone red supras do you see on a weekly basis? I see 1 or 2 supras a year where I live. Red got a bad rap for unknown reasons, it shows the car the best imo. Too many people get caught up in rarity of colors on these cars. I'm past that, I like every supra color to be honest just prefer red and dont care about what wtb ads are looking for, that's irrelevant and petty. Look for a good car first, if it happens to be a color you like great.
The unknown reason was too many Ren Red owners did/do not know how to properly care for this color. As years passed, many pics on SF show these cars take on a dull, pinkish hue and that is when the bad rap started, IMO. Also, many erroneously believe RR is the most common MKIV color when it is actually black.

Ken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Factory? None. They are all great. Even monkey poop. :)

Admission, I always had a thing for RSP and I don’t really like blue on a car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I beg to differ...

I beg to differ...

I beg to differ...

The unknown reason was too many Ren Red owners did/do not know how to properly care for this color. As years passed, many pics on SF show these cars take on a dull, pinkish hue and that is when the bad rap started, IMO. Also, many erroneously believe RR is the most common MKIV color when it is actually black.

Ken.
You are right. Also, and don’t quote me but I’m almost certain some of the factory colors, at least 93-96 were single stage urethane. Not base coat/clear coat. They had to be washed well and a good wax seal on them.

·
Very Senior Member
10,041 Posts
I knew this would start arguments - as it always has!
If anyone cares much about the color of any decent MKIV these days - well, they can change it they really want to - but buy the damn thing first!!

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,348 Posts
Taking this in a different direction, jewel green is the color I obsess over. To me it brings out the body lines unlike any other color.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I might be one of few who share this opinion, but I feel that Super White (040) is the least desirable color. It feels too utilitarian, boring, and unflattering.

My 94 (originally 040) is now IJM and I’m loving every bit of it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Taking this in a different direction, jewel green is the color I obsess over. To me it brings out the body lines unlike any other color.
One of my favorites, for sure. I'll take this in a different direction myself, and say that all colors on these cars look good... but some look better. :)

I might be one of few who share this opinion, but I feel that Super White (040) is the least desirable color. It feels too utilitarian, boring, and unflattering.

My 94 (originally 040) is now IJM and I’m loving every bit of it.
Our Mk4 is 040, our LS400 is 6Q7. I can agree with your sentiments on Super White, but the car itself still very much establishes a presence on the street, if public reaction is anything to go by...

That said, I find myself staring at our Lexus when the sun it hitting it, just appreciating the sparkle and shine that the green has, I dig it. Worth noting, my Mk3 is green as well, and my parents have had a couple green trucks over the years, so... maybe I'm a bit predisposed to green tones. I think their Taco might have also been IJM, now that I think about it. It's been 15 years since I've seen that truck though, so I can't say with any confidence about the exact shade it was.

Reactions: JamesRR3

·
Registered
163 Posts
How bout this question,

If you could only have 1 supra and only 1 (apu, bpu, stock whatever) with no exceptions in any configuration you want; what FACTORY color would you choose your supra in. That should provide a better idea of what color is "least desirable."

I've owned RenRed, Diamond White, Super White, Black x2, QS, RSP and IJM and personally, I would pick IJM all day if I was only allowed to own one.

IJM looks stunning under direct sun or fluorescents and is just a very unique color. Only down side for me is when there is overcast as it kind of dulls the paint reflection taking away from the "pop" that the paint has.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I have to agree with you. White and yellow are bad colors for cars
Not true on a solid white. I've had many white cars, and they: don't fade, don't show dirt as bad as you would think, are easy to touch up nicks with a little brush, can easily be blended by a body shop, ie one panel painted. You can't say that about any other color.

True that there are more "colorful" colors out there. The pearl whites are a little classier, but all the touch-up advantages of solid white go out the window.

Al

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,499 Posts
On second thought, I'm with FasTTurbo - OP sucks, his thread sucks, and whatever color he likes doesn't matter because he drives some kind of pointless shitbox.

That said, Patrick's Red Red is a bad bitch and woe to the motherfucker that comes along talking that good shit, because you'll discover this is motherfucking Sparta with a kick to your chest. It will spread thine cheeks and clap you into unconsciousness after taking you to Gapplebees, on the corner of Spread Rd and Gappletree Bvld, in the nice little town of Gappleton, found in the Gappalachian mountains of Gapghanistan.

And stuff.
This post is like vintage SF from the height of its glory days. I feel like a young buck again!

Yellow is the worst color on any vehicle
Yellow looks pretty good on a Ferrari F355 and C5 Z06. Mk. IV? Meh, not so much, same with white too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not to be a hater, but I'd have to say white, followed by red. Both are underwhelming in person IMO. That being said, I love all MKIVs, except the ones molested with crazy body kits.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not true on a solid white. I've had many white cars, and they: don't fade, don't show dirt as bad as you would think, are easy to touch up nicks with a little brush, can easily be blended by a body shop, ie one panel painted. You can't say that about any other color.

True that there are more "colorful" colors out there. The pearl whites are a little classier, but all the touch-up advantages of solid white go out the window.

Al
First things first, ANY COLOR on a SUPRA looks good, except for the fast and the furious, and west coast customs type of color..yeah, that definitely ruins the car, however, to each their own.

I agree whole heartedly with @T6Rocket the 040 is GREAT and yes, utilitarian for proper reasons he mentioned and when you have a proper polish/wax on it with Meguiars white paste or any other for that matter, Mmm mmm mmm, makes a tingle in my loins just like how a model with a gorgeous big butt would. Just saying.

And when it's freshly polished.. You need sunglasses to look at the shine on it when it's a nice beautiful sunny day outside, at least, for me.

If I could rank to MY liking ...if I ever had a chance to pick what color-

1) Black 202
2) Red 3L2
3) Anthracite 1A1 and Quicksilver 1B9
4) both Greens 6P3 and 6Q7
5) both blues 752 and RSP 8L5
6) both whites 040 and 051
7) Alpine Silver 199

Also an honorary mention of Supra MKIVs properly repainted in Deep Purple metallic (LP2-which also is one of the few rare colors on a USDM Z32) or more commonly known as Midnight Purple. And that's it.

Very respectfully,

Rishi

Enjoy some pics of my girls. Heheheh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 50 Posts