Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NA-T is probably the biggest mod for me and the most expensive , so it will take ages for me to save up ~ but before that I want to get my body kits and sound system installed ,

I keep on asking my self ~ why do I want a turbo for , not many car can beat mine , btw I am in New Zealand , its not like the states , where there is races going on all the time, and ever where is fast cars , high ways....etc, there are some fast supra here ~ TT or modified to 450hp ~ that is the highest I have heard , which is nothing compare to the Supra in the states

but ~ ...... I dont know , I just want turbo , I mean Japanese car is all about turbo , I dont really race my car any way ~ apart from over taking cars in county side roads.... haha maybe I will start racing when I Get a turbo :D

and before that I wanna get my subs installed and Bomex body kits ~ ........ well I want a cool exhaust sound as well ~ maybe I can just get a muffler tip to make the sound , but not actually touching the exhaust , so when I turbo it , I will be using 3 inch ~ .......

this car dealer keep on telling me ~ that I should trade my car in for his TT , he keep on trying to rip me off ~ ..... and i dont want to ........ I dont have the money any way , he keep on saying if I turbo my car , it wont last long ~ like 3 days it will crap out...etc

those NA-T owners ~ can you tell me what is it like after turbo charging the NA , is it stable ? or does it have lots of problems ~ ?

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Once you've felt the power of a turbo car, you will never turn back.

I got my first turbo supra 2 years ago when I was 16. Here is my list of cars I've purchased:

1991 Toyota Celica ST (1.6L 4 cyl. N/A 5speed 92 horsepower)
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo (3.0L I-6 turbo 5-speed targa 230 horsepower)
1996 Toyota Supra Twin turbo (3.0L I-6 turbo Automatic targa 320 horsepower)
1990 Toyota Supra turbo (3.0L I-6 turbo 5-speed hardtop 450rwhp+ (estimated

As you see........once you get a turbo car, the rush of a turbo engaging is unparalleled.

As with any car and any big modification, please be careful with your car. Yea you might be packin 500rwhp+, but you don't have to let everyone on the street know that. Drive cautiously in traffic. Endangering your life is one thing, endangering other people is a BIG no no.

So be safe and happy boosting :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Malachi said:
those NA-T owners ~ can you tell me what is it like after turbo charging the NA , is it stable ? or does it have lots of problems ~ ?
I can say it is very stable, if you have it dyno tuned well, you will have a virtually bullet proof motor, this is one insanely strong motor, unfortunately I can't say the same about tranny.

If you felt the car is already fast enough, then there is no need to go NA-T, especially it would be a bit tough and expensive for you to get the parts and support in NZ. Plus it is like a drug, you will never have enough, once you get boost, you will get used to the speed, and wanting more.

I love cars, and love driving, have chance to test drive various different cars all the time, I can tell you, after turbo, it just feels great as long as you have decent tires, the sound of turbo spooling is just plan awesome, on the road people next to you can hear your turbo spooling too.

Even with low boost, you can go from 60mph~110mph probably in less than half the time as before.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh ~ I know aye : > its like the first time when I drive the NA supra , it was fast , but then you will get use to the speed ~

but I want a turbo any way ~

how fast is NA-T compare to TT stock ?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Malachi said:
how fast is NA-T compare to TT stock ?
It really depends on what kind of NA-T it is. But a base NA-T pushing about 7psi will be about as quick as a stock TT.

It's kind of hard to read your post but here's my $0.02

1. Bomex Body kits Suck

2. If you really want to go NA-T give me a call later on at 405-255-1803 or if it's easier to email [email protected] I will be more then happy to help you with any questions you have going NA-T.

3. Tell the dealer to stfu or give me a call I will provide 30+ examples of NA-T's that have ran and are still running for WAY more then 3 days.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Banned
865 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
I will provide 30+ examples of NA-T's that have ran and are still running for WAY more then 3 days.

Well that disheartening :rolleyes:

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
let me tell you this.... i, too decided to do my sound system and what not FIRST...

BAD IDEA...

i mean its nice, but once i went turbo, i was like "DAMN!!! i sure wish i had that 3000 dollars that i spent on my stereo system so i can add to my turbo setup...

i dont care about body kits and "nice looking" rims.... i want to GO FAST... faster than the guy next to me... The Supra looks good enough stock.... in fact, ive had people come up and ask if it was some sort of Ferrari or something... i just laughed and said it was a Supra...

believe me, once you either ride in a single turbo supra, you'll WANT BOOST...
i was hooked after my first experience in a 450whp NA-T. There was no turning back after my ride in a 625whp T-63 on race gas....

ive almost got my turbo kit the way i want it, so now my next mods are going to be the wheels and cosmetics. THEN IM DONE!!!! (yeah right.....)

Just my .02 :)

·
Banned
865 Posts
oh haha, sorry my bad. When you made that post, I thought you ment NA-Ts occassionally last more than 3 days.

thx for the clarification

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
idrewfelix said:
oh haha, sorry my bad. When you made that post, I thought you ment NA-Ts occassionally last more than 3 days.

thx for the clarification

Drew,

No biggie, honest mistake.

Regards,
Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts