Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just came from the track today, Lebanon Dragway at New York, and the best I could muster up was a [email protected] Every run I made the car went 0.1 sec faster and trapped 1 mph more. My best runs ever there were 12.3 @117mph last year. Out of at least 10 runs there so far, I can only get my 60' time to 2.0 secs. I am BPU++, 3200 stall, with C16 gas and ET Streets at 18psi of boost. Every timeslip 60' was 2.0xxx. My last run I had the front tires to 45psi, and rear slicks to 17psi. The car squats nice but I just can't seem to get off the line fast enough.

Those who race there, what kind of ET and 60' times do you get? Over in Englishtown, I can get a 60' down to 2.0 on streettires. Over here at Lebanon, I can't even break under 2.0 with slicks on.

BTW, anyone here own the white MKIV that was parked there tonight?

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
You're the guy with the dark green and vented hood? I was there with the blue old school Subaru wagon powered by a CT26

I dunno about the 60' times. I've cut 2.0x 60' times on street tires there before. E-town is a much faster track though, that might be the issue. LVD is about 800' in elivation, E-town is at sea level, so there's usually a decent power difference if you're tuned well.

I saw that white MKIV with the plate that said blitz there was a blue 87/88 turbo there too, never saw anyone in them and didn't see them race. dunno who they were.

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a black car with a cf vented hood. It might have looked dark green with all that dust on it. I think I saw your car. You were talking to some kids about it right, about having MK3 donated parts on? With some tuning you would definitely surprise some cars with that. I always crack a smile when I see old school cars with turbo.

Yeah, my friends say they all run 0.2 faster times at Etown. I just feel like I have a suckass launch or weak twin turbos when other members in this forum are cutting 1.6-1.8 60' times. I want to run 11.99 with the stock twins and I think it's possible with my current setup if I could just take a couple of tenths off my 60' time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I cut 1.60 to 1.85 on DR with a 3600 stall converter and run about 11.4 and fastest of 11.2 I also have a single turbo though. Part of the reason for the lower speed ect may be the altitude....LV is like 1500 feet above sea level isnt it? And
E-town is a lot lower.

Sean
97 auto
SP61GT

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sean, could you give me an overview on how you launch your car? How much throttle are you giving it while staging. I'm only giving it enough gas to make it to my 3200 stall. I really have to step on the gas and yank the ebrake to keep the tires from breaking loose. Then when the light turns I get off the brake and put the ebrake down, then feather the gas until I feel traction. I don't apply full throttle until the car gets moving. It feels like a bog zoom cause the 2nd turbo doesn't get engaged until maybe 1.5 seconds later. I don't know how much boost I'm getting off the line, things just happen so fast when you actually finally line up I forget to look.

Next time out I'm just gonna rev as high as possible and apply full throttle right away and hope it just catches, last time I did that the whole backend hopped on me and shifted the car to one side.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
I'd say heat the slicks up good and give it more throttle off the line. You should have enough traction to put most of your power down on the launch. You ever think about doing the TT mod? That might help you get more power sooner, and eliviate the "bog zoom"

This is you right?

and of course, the scoob in action .... I love rats :)

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
nautica2o3 said:
BTW, anyone here own the white MKIV that was parked there tonight?
Yeah, that was me :) Car looks alot different since then though... lowered with Gold Volk-GTC's so if you see another white MKIV with gold wheels it's probably me.

I had just bought the car the day before, so i haven't had the chance to run it at the track yet. But lebanon is notorious for the situations you're talking about.

In an '03 evo VIII @ 21 psi my best 60' were 2.0's as well. And i'm talking full redline clutch drops. I mean, I came outta the hole like a bat outta hell. Still 60' were all 2.0's. :dunno:

Oh yeah... and my license plate is just my screen name on here so it's easy to tell if it's me.

T

·
0 Posts
I don't know if u have a MKIII or MKIV...but in my MKIV i run 2.0XX 60' fts on my stock stall n tranny on 17pnds of boost on street tires.... i launch the car around 2grand, so i dunno why u shouldnt be gettin better 60' fts....Hope everything pans out..mess around with tire pressure a little bit although that seems to be about right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts